Market Update 4.25.19 – 13-Count Indictment Filed for the Theft of 10.88 BTC
13-Count Indictment Filed for the Theft of 10.88 BTC
Two men, who have been allegedly been running a fraudulent investment scheme, have been charged with the theft of 10.88 Bitcoin (BTC), which is worth about $59,000. A 13-count indictment has been filed against them in the District Court of Portland in Oregon in the US.
The filing was announced by the District of Oregon’s US Attorney’s Office via a new release that had been published on April 24 by the Department of Justice. The US government alleges that these two men, who are Nigerian nationals, received over 50 BTC over the course of their operations. One man has been identified as 24-year-old Onwuemerie Ogor Gift, while the other is Kevin Usifoh, but his age is not known.
Read more about this story here.
Ripple: Sale of XRP Grew 31% in Q1
Ripple, the Blockchain payments startup reported that the sales of its XRP token had grown by 31% in the first quarter of this year. The company, which is headquartered in San Francisco, stated that it had sold $169.42 million worth of XRP in Quarter 1. In the fourth quarter last year, the company had sold $129.03 million worth of the token.
The company also stated that direct institutional sales of their token had come to a total of $61.93 million in the first quarter of 2019, which was a 54% increase from the previous quarter. The crypto’s programmatic sales also grew to $107.49 million from its previous $88.88 million, which was a 21% jump.
Read the rest of the story here.
SEC Planning to Hire Crypto Specialist
The financial regulation of the United States, the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) is looking to hire an in-house cryptocurrency specialist. According to the job posting that first appeared on April 5, the SEC will pay $239,000 per year for the Crypto Specialist.
The role of this Specialist will be to act as a cryptocurrency consultant. His or her duties will include coordinating with the Division’s staff in order to create a comprehensive plan for cryptocurrency assets as well as securities. The person will also have to interact with other Divisions and offices on matters related to cryptos, and will serve as the SEC’s point of contact for all domestic as well as international regulators.
Read the rest of the story here.
Total Market Cap: Apr 25
The crypto market now has a capitalization of $177.46 billion. Trading volumes in the market are now at $47.72 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Apr 25
Bitcoin’s price has slipped by 0.03% to trade at $5479.31 a token. It is seeing trading volumes of $14.76 billion and BTC’s capitalization is now $96.78 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Apr 25
Ethereum is down 0.38% from yesterday’s price and is now trading at $164.63. Its volumes in trade are at $6.40 billion and capitalization is $17.41 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Apr 25
Trading in the cryptocurrency market today has shown mixed results so far, with some of the ten most valuable cryptos dipping slightly and a few gaining. Of the gains, Litecoin increased by 2.84%, Bitcoin Cash rose 2.75%, Binance Coin went up 2.72% and Cardano rose 0.50%. With the exception of EOS, which lost 1.74%, the rest of the cryptos lost less than 1% in trading today.
- Bitcoin’s trading at $5479.31, losing 0.03%. The virtual asset’s current capitalization is $96.78 billion.
- Ethereum’s trading at $164.63, losing 0.38%. The virtual asset’s current capitalization is $17.41 billion.
- Ripple’s trading at $0.301045, losing 0.17%. The virtual asset’s current capitalization is $12.64 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s trading at $282.84, gaining 2.75%. The virtual asset’s current capitalization is $5.01 billion.
- Litecoin’s trading at $74.30, gaining 2.84%. The virtual asset’s current capitalization is $4.56 billion.
- EOS’s trading at $4.80, losing 1.74%. The virtual asset’s current capitalization is $4.52 billion.
- Binance Coin’s trading at $22.84, gaining 2.72%. The virtual asset’s current capitalization is $3.22 billion.
- Tether’s trading at $1.00, losing 0.38%. The virtual asset’s current capitalization is $2.84 billion.
- Stellar’s trading at $0.103500, losing 0.89%. The virtual asset’s current capitalization is $2.00 billion.
- Cardano’s trading at $0.073164, gaining 0.50%. The virtual asset’s current capitalization is $1.87 billion.