Market Update 5.27.2018 – 17th Century Italian Mansion Being Auctioned Off On Blockchain
17th Century Italian Mansion Being Auctioned Off On Blockchain
It appears that a 17th-century Italian mansion is being auctioned off but in a different way – through blockchain, that is. This is after Hilton & Hayland, a Beverly Hills real estate brokerage, partnered with blockchain startup Propy in order to auction the Palazetto. The latter is found inside the Palazzo Albertoni Spinola, which is a mansion built between the years 1580 and 1616.
Deemed as a Unesco heritage site, the century-old mansion was designed by the titular architect named Giacomo Della Port sometime in the early 1600s. It is currently valued at a whopping $42 million. Interested parties have been advised to bid on it using two methods: fiat or cryptocurrencies. The bid will last until June 28.
See full report here.
Bitcoin Price Spikes Up, Hits $7,500 Mark
At the time of this writing, the number one digital asset has managed to do a small rebound, as it roughly trades around $7,500. This marks a $100 spike compared to yesterday’s price, which somehow gives the cryptocurrency a notch in comparison to other digital currencies. Experts, however, said that it is not something to be excited about despite a decent surge.
It is believed that Bitcoin’s current performance is somewhat temporary. One of the possible reasons is due to its significant price drop in India. The country, unfortunately, is not widely known for being crypto-friendly. In fact, its government is starting to consider an 18 percent goods and services tax (GST) on all cryptocurrency trading.
Read the entire story here.
BitGo to Build Digital Asset Custodian On Its Own
The blockchain security firm BitGo is looking to build its asset custodian. This is quite ironic considering it announced its plans to acquire Kingdom Trust, which is an asset custodian. This happened four months ago, though.
The startup revealed its plans to seek a charter that will be used to build BitGo Trust. The latter, according to the company, is simply a new and regulated qualified custodian. It will be built specifically for digital assets. And, as expected from such move, it will no longer move forward with acquiring the aforementioned asset custodian.
See the full report here.
Total Market Cap: May 27
As compared to yesterday, the volume of trade in the crypto market sat at $12.98 billion. The market’s capitalization, on the other hand, went down a notch to $337.60 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: May 27
In the past 24 hours, Bitcoin’s price jumped by 1.46% to $7,558.01. The leading cryptocurrency’s trade volume also went high to $4.07 billion, while its market reached to $128.92 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: May 27
Ethereum’s price jumped 3.57% to trade at $604.10. The altcoin’s trading volume also steadied a bit at $1.73 billion, while its market capitalization sat at $60.22 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: May 27
Apparently, the top 10 cryptocurrencies are trading well, showcasing a high performance so far. Meanwhile, NEO dropped to the 11th spot, as IOTA entered the list.
- Bitcoin’s market price jumped 1.46% to $7,558.01, and its value in the market is $128.92 billion.
- Ethereum’s market price jumped 3.57 % to $604.10, and its value in the market is $60.22 billion.
- Ripple’s market price jumped 2.81% to $0.624835, and its value in the market is $24.49 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s market price jumped 1.97% to $1,033.09, and its value in the market is $17.72 billion.
- EOS’s market price jumped 4.53% to $12.73, and its value in the market is $11.22 billion.
- Litecoin’s market price jumped 2.28% to $121.19, and its value in the market is $6.87 billion.
- Stellar’s market price jumped 1.28% to $0.291226, and its value in the market is $5.41 billion.
- Cardano’s market price jumped 1.74% to $0.202914, and its value in the market is $5.26 billion.
- TRON’s market price jumped 6.25% to $0.075258, and its value in the market is $4.95 billion.
- IOTA’s market price jumped 1.93% to $1.52, and its value in the market is $4.23 billion.