Market Update 7.29.18 – A New Crypto Malware Targets Corporate Networks
A New Crypto Malware Targets Corporate Networks
According to Kaspersky Lab’s researchers, there is a new form of crypto malware aimed at corporations found in various countries. It is called PowerGhost, which is basically another form of fileless malware. It uses a system’s native processes in order to hijack a computer.
Reports state that the aforementioned malware has already spread on corporate networks found in Brazil, Colombia, India, and Turkey, just to name a few. The malware tends to mine an undisclosed cryptocurrency the moment it is installed on a computer.
Read the full report here.
Crypto Mining Apps Banned On Google Store
Google has just decided to join Apple in its crusade to ban crypto mining applications. The former reportedly decided to prevent these apps from surfacing on Google Store. The decision was revealed via a recent policy update meant for Google Play developers. The internet giant says they do not allow apps that mine digital assets on devices. Apps that “remotely manage the mining of cryptocurrency,” however, are allowed.
The restriction reportedly came following the efforts of both Apple and Google to beef up activities meant to curb activities concerning cryptocurrency mining on their respective platform. In fact, sometime in April, Google decided to ban the said activity on its browser extension department. This was after the company found out that there was a “vast majority” of developers who failed to comply with its single purpose policy, though some were said to be malicious.
Read the entire report here.
Ethereum Devs Poised To Test Code For Constantinople
The developers for the second leading digital currency is said to be implementing a code specifically designed for Constantinople. The latter is basically the network’s next system-wide upgrade. It is part of a series of upgrades meant to make the digital asset network more efficient and, more importantly, less costly when it comes to fees. Constantinople is reportedly scheduled for activation before October’s Devcon 4 Ethereum conference happens.
There is a loose roadmap that is suggested for the upcoming upgrade. Under the said roadmap, the implementation state will be expected on August 13. From there, at least two months of testing will occur, including the launch of a test network revolving around Constantinople. The upgrade is being shaped to arrive with various optimizations, with about four improvement upgrades included.
Read the full story here.
Total Market Cap: July 29
The volume of trade in the crypto market sat at $12.58 billion. The market’s capitalization, on the other hand, reached $297.37 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: July 29
In the past 24 hours, Bitcoin was up 0.10% to trade at $8,205.36. The leading cryptocurrency’s trade volume trickled to $3.96 billion, while its market slid to $140.95 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: July 22
Ethereum’s price fell 0.70% to trade at $465. 91. As for the altcoin’s trading volume, it reached $1.53 billion; whereas its market capitalization hit $47.05 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: July 29
In the past 24 hours, all prices are down except for Bitcoin’s and Tether’s, with the latter falling at the 10th spot.
- Bitcoin’s market price jumped 0.10% to $8,205.36, and its value in the market is $140.95 billion.
- Ethereum’s market price fell 0.70% to $465. 91, and its value in the market is $47.05 billion.
- XRP’s market price fell 0.56% to $0.452433, and its value in the market is $17.79 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s market price fell 0.20% to $821.53, and its value in the market is $14.18 billion.
- EOS’ market price fell 1.00% to $8.28, and its value in the market is $7.42 billion.
- Stellar’s market price fell 1.86% to $0.315069, and its value in the market is $5.91 billion.
- Litecoin’s market price fell 0.14% to $83.94, and its value in the market is $4.84 billion.
- Cardano’s market price fell 1.32% to $0.162636, and its value in the market is $4.22 billion.
- IOTA’s market price fell 0.21% to $1.02, and its value in the market is $2.84 billion.
- Tether dethrones TRON at the 10th spot, with its market price jumping 0.00 % to $0.999635, and its value in the market is $2.51 billion.