Market Update 8.19.18 – Adult Site Rewards Viewers With Crypto Tokens
Adult Site Rewards Viewers With
Tube8, which is an adult video service and Pornhub’s very own subsidiary, is looking to reward viewers for using its services. This has been made possible thanks to its partnership with the Vice Industry Token or VIT. The partnership, in particular, is meant to fully tokenize the site’s platform.
Basically, Tube8 will incorporate VIT tokens onto its site. From there, visitors who interact with its services will be rewarded for either watching videos or using the platform. According to the site’s spokesperson Robin Turner, it has always been their goal to pay people for watching porn. For them, it has always been “a pipe dream.”
Read the full report here.
US Border Officials Plan To Trial Blockchain For Certificate Tracking
U.S. Customs and Border Protection or CBP is reportedly planning to test blockchain technology in order to verify North American Free Trade Agreement or NAFTA and Central American Trade Agreement or CAFTA certificates. Vincent Annunziato, the head of the CBP Division of Business Transformation and Innovation, stated that the agency would soon start a “live fire testing” of a blockchain platform to certify all imported products originated from where they claim to be.
The new system is expected to be launched in September, though no exact date has been revealed. Ultimately, it will help the agency in verifying information regarding imported goods and, at the same time, check how each foreign supplier act toward American importers. Even more so, the system can be utilized in authenticating trademarks and verifying a product’s physical properties.
Read the entire report here.
Crypto Mining Company Victim Of Bomb Threat
A bomb threat was recently sent to Kryptovault, a Norwegian crypto mining firm, for “sabotaging the peace” with noise. The company has a number of facilities in various cities around Norway. Following a report on its work, the firm received threats after threats.
The bomb threat, in particular, suggested that if the company expands its crypto mining and starts filling the country with noise, it would only sabotage the peace. “I am threatening to send you some explosives,” as per the official reports.
According to the company’s managing director, Gjermund Hagesaeter, the anonymous notice was immediately forwarded to local authorities. The latter, on the other hand, assured the firm that they are “taking the whole issue very seriously indeed.” This is not actually new, so to speak. That is because noise complaints have always been a reoccurring issue for Kryptovault.
Read the full report here.
Total Market Cap: Aug 19
The volume of trade in the crypto market sat at $12.53 billion. The market’s capitalization, on the other hand, reached $211.86 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Aug 19
In the past 24 hours, Bitcoin fell 2.26% to trade at $6,397.17. The leading cryptocurrency’s trade volume trickled to $3.67billion, while its market slid to $110.15 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Aug 19
Ethereum’s price fell 5.82% to trade at $294.06. As for the altcoin’s trading volume, it reached $1.61 billion; whereas its market capitalization hit $29.82 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Aug 19
In the past 24 hours, all prices were down. Meanwhile, Monero was able to retain the 10th spot, dethroning TRON.
- Bitcoin’s market price fell 2.26% to $6,397.17, and its value in the market is $110.15 billion.
- Ethereum’s market price fell 5.82%% to $294.06, and its value in the market is $29.82 billion.
- XRP’s market price fell 6.46% to $0.329302, and its value in the market is $12.97 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s market price fell 6.71% to $551.38, and its value in the market is $9.54 billion.
- EOS’ market price fell 5.54% to $5.09, and its value in the market is $4.62 billion.
- Stellar’s market price fell 3.78% to $0.224550, and its value in the market is $4.22 billion.
- Litecoin’s market price fell 4.92% to $57.10, and its value in the market is $3.31 billion.
- Tether market price fell 0.10% to $1.00, and its value in the market is $2.73 billion.
- Cardano market price fell 6.54% to $0.099431, and its value in the market is $2.56 billion.
- Monero dethrones TRON at the 10th spot, but its market price fell 3.23% to $96.63, and its value in the market is $1.56 billion.