Market Update 11.29.18 – Amazon Announces Launch of 2 Blockchain Services
Amazon Announces Launch of 2 Blockchain Services
The online retail giant, Amazon.com Inc. announced the launch of two new Blockchain based services – Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (QLDB) and Amazon Managed Blockchain.
According to the press release, QLDB is a Blockchain database that is focused on providing immutable, transparent as well as cryptographically verifiable logs of transactions which will be overseen by a trusted centralized authority. The Managed Blockchain product, which can operate in tandem with QLDB, will let users manage a scalable Blockchain network.
Read more about the two new product services here.
“BTC” Searches on Google Hit Their Highest since April
According to Google’s trend explorer, the weekly number of global searches with the keyword “Bitcoin” has shot up to reach levels that haven’t been witnessed since April this year.
The data released by Google, while not yet complete, shows that in the last three days, searches with the word “bitcoin” constituted 17% of the word’s all-time high in terms of search volume which was set in week of December 17-23 last year. The search data also reveals that the most searches for the crypto across the world have been in Nigeria, Austria and South Africa. The US, on the other hand was at 19th place in this data set.
Read more about this story here.
UAE Introduces 2 Initiatives Based on Blockchain and AI
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) just concluded its Second Government Annual Meeting, which resulted in the creation of two new initiatives focused on Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence technologies.
This meeting announced the launch of the AI and Blockchain Guide Initiative, whose aim is to create a standardized definition of the two technologies on a federal level. The initiative will also focus on introducing the concept of the two technologies and their deployment to the relevant entities in the country. The Minister of State for AI, Omar bin Sultan Al Olama stated that their country was looking at adopting these technologies in all their vital sectors.
Read more about the story here.
Total Market Cap: Nov 29
The cryptocurrency market is once again inching up and its capitalization is now $135.52 billion. Trading volumes are also up to $20.28 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Nov 29
Bitcoin continues its slow recovery, with its token price now at $4165.68. The crypto’s market cap is also up to $72.47 billion and its currently trading at volumes to the tune of $7.23 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Nov 29
Ethereum also continues to stabilize with its token price going up by 4.48% to trade at $117.51. The altcoin’s worth in the market is now $12.16 billion and volumes of trade are currently at $2.55 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Nov 29
Bitcoin SV continues to display immense volatility, going up by 15.23% have yesterday’s equally massive losses. Cardano is back in the top ten list, pushing out Monero to the 11th spot. All the top ten cryptos are currently trading in the green, with Bitcoin SV showing the highest gains, followed by Cardano. The third biggest gains have been seen by Litecoin, which is up by 6.99%.
- Bitcoin’s trading at $4165.68, gaining 6.43%. The digital asset’s worth is now $72.47 billion.
- Ripple’s trading at $0.379494, gaining 3.34%. The digital asset’s worth is now $15.30 billion.
- Ethereum’s trading at $117.51, gaining 4.48%. The digital asset’s worth is now $12.16 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s trading at $184.56, gaining 2.26%. The digital asset’s worth is now $3.22 billion.
- Stellar’s trading at $0.157116, gaining 4.64%. The digital asset’s worth is now $3 billion.
- EOS’s trading at $3.10, gaining 0.11%. The digital asset’s worth is now $2.80 billion.
- Litecoin’s trading at $33.63, gaining 6.99%. The digital asset’s worth is now $1.99 billion.
- Tether’s trading at $0.999725, gaining 1.36 %. The digital asset’s worth is now $1.85 billion.
- Bitcoin SV’s trading at $97.83, shooting up by 15.23%. The digital asset’s worth is now $1.70 billion.
- Cardano’s trading at $0.040452, gaining 7.75%. The digital asset’s worth is now $1.04 billion.