AXA XL Launches Security Token Insurance Service
According to a press release issued on March 6, the Insurance giant AXA XL, in partnership with the insurance tech startup Assurely, has launched a new insurance product. This new product will offer insurance cover for equity crowdfunding as well as STOs (security token offerings).
The product has been named CrowdProtector, and is targeted at issuers as well as investors and it focused on protecting new online funding strategies such as those carried out by STOs and crowdfunding. The product is also aimed at increasing confidence, trust and safety for possible investors by guaranteeing that the issuers are properly insured.
Read the rest of the story here.
SEC Senior Advisor: Regulation Will Help Crypto Market
The US SEC’s (Securities and Exchange Commission’s) senior advisor for digital assets, Valerie Szczepanik, in a Q&A session with Daniel Kahan at SXSW in Austin, Texas on Friday, stated that she was optimistic that regulation would ultimately help the cryptocurrency market. Kahan is an attorney with Morrison & Foerster LLP.
Szczepanik underlined how the approach taken by SEC regulators had been designed to let innovation develop, even if it came at the cost of not having provided clear guidelines for new segments of businesses. She stated that this absence of a bright-line rule is what allowed regulators to show more flexibility. She said that this principles-based approach allowed for more opportunities to come out of the nascent industry.
Read the rest of the story here.
Nevada Bill Raises Protests from Crypto & Blockchain Industry
Blockchain and cryptocurrency industry representatives voice their concerns at a Judiciary Committee hearing on Tuesday, March 12 about a bill submitted to the Nevada State Senate. The new bill, if passed, would require crypto-based businesses such as crypto exchanges to have themselves registered with Nevada State’s Department of Business & Industry.
This new bill, called the Uniform Regulation of Virtual Currencies, has been sponsored by Democrat Senator James Ohrenschall. This piece of proposed legislation has been put forward by the Uniform Law Commission in an effort to introduce regulations for the crypto industry that are consistent.
Read more about this story here.
Total Market Cap: Mar 16
The capitalization of the crypto market has gone up by about $6 billion in the last 24 hours to its current $141.21 billion. Trading volumes are at $35.27 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Mar 16
In the last 24 hours, the price of BTC has gone up by 3.57% to $4061.42 per token. The capitalization of BTC is now $71.44 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Mar 16
Up by 6.73% in the last 24 hours, the price of Ethereum at this time is $143.65. The market worth of the altcoin is $15.11 billion and trading volumes are $5.23 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Mar 16
In the last 24 hours, the cryptocurrency market has gone from a mixed performance to a strong upswing. All the 10 most valuable cryptocurrencies are trading up, with Bitcoin Cash showing the biggest gains, its price skyrocketing by 18.06%. Litecoin has also seen a big price boost with an 8.56% gain. Ethereum’s price, after weeks of trailing in the red, is up 6.73%.
- Bitcoin’s trading at $4061.42, rising 3.57%. The asset’s capitalization at this time is $71.44 billion.
- Ethereum’s trading at $143.65, rising 6.73%. The asset’s capitalization at this time is $15.11 billion.
- Ripple’s trading at $0.321733, rising 3.04%. The asset’s capitalization at this time is $13.33 billion.
- Litecoin’s trading at $61.79, rising 8.56%. The asset’s capitalization at this time is $3.76 billion.
- EOS’s trading at $3.84, rising 5.81%. The asset’s capitalization at this time is $3.47 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s trading at $157.83, rising 18.06%. The asset’s capitalization at this time is $2.78 billion.
- Binance Coin’s trading at $15.45, rising 1.72%. The asset’s capitalization at this time is $2.18 billion.
- Stellar’s trading at $0.0110335, rising 4.37%. The asset’s capitalization at this time is $2.12 billion.
- Tether’s trading at $1.01, rising 0.19%. The asset’s capitalization at this time is $2.02 billion.
- TRON’s trading at $0.023589, rising 4.02%. The asset’s capitalization at this time is $1.57 billion.