Market Update 12.20.18 – Binance CEO: 2018 Correction Year for Cryptos
Binance CEO: 2018 Correction Year for Cryptos
According to Changpeng Zhao, the Chief Executive Officer of the cryptocurrency exchange Binance, 2018 is a correction year for cryptocurrencies. During his interview with Bloomberg, Zhao also expressed his optimism about the future of the cryptocurrency industry. He was speaking in reference to the recent market decline which finally plunged in November.
Zhao stated that despite the “correction year”, crypto prices were still a strong attraction and the industry was going to grow due to developers who were creating apps and “real use cases”, which would help drive adoption of cryptos.
Read the details of the story here.
Coinbase to Pay Users to Learn about Crypto
Coinbase announced on Wednesday, December 19, that it was launching Coinbase Earn, a new initiative where users could earn 0x tokens by learning about cryptocurrencies. Users could complete tasks such as taking quizzes and watch videos to each their tokens.
At its launch, the new platform will be by invitation only, however, users are free to join the waiting list to join. According to the press release, the education content on this platform will be freely accessible, even if a user is not a part of the Earn program.
Find out more about this story here.
Waves Token Price Jumps Over 30%
Waves, the global Blockchain platform saw its token price shoot up by more than 30% after it raised $120 million through a private funding round. This funding is for its new project, which is called Vostok.
This new project, according to the company’s official blog post, is a universal Blockchain solution, which combines two fundamental components – a private Blockchain platform and a tool for developing as well as optimizing the platform. The tool is called the Vostok system integrator. The new Blockchain system’s focus is to deploy Waves tech for government as well as commercial IT systems.
Find out more about this article here.
Total Market Cap: Dec 20
The crypto market’s recovery has slowed down today, with capitalization rising by less than $1 billion in the last 24 hours. The market’s value is now $122.42 billion and is experiencing trading volumes of about $19.81 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Dec 20
Bitcoin’s price is now $3783.22, which is a 0.55% increase since yesterday. The crypto’s market value is now $65.95 billion and trading volumes in the token are $6.70 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Dec 20
Ethereum’s price has slipped by 0.51% in the last 24 hours to $102.40 a token. The market capitalization of the altcoin is now $10.63 billion and the trading volumes are at $2.34 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Dec 20
The gains seen in the crypto market for the last few days has slowed down with some of the top ten digital assets slipping once more into the red. The biggest gains have been seen by BCH, which is up by 19.07% and has regained its number four position on the list. Bitcoin SV also gained 5.32% and the other cryptos showed only marginal gains in trading so far today. Ripple (down 3.57%), EOS (down 3.20%) and Litecoin (down 2.34%) are the biggest losers in trading so far today.
- Bitcoin’s price is $3783.22, going up 0.55%. Its market value is $65.95 billion.
- Ripple’s price is $0.353717, going down 3.57%. Its market value is $14.41 billion.
- Ethereum’s price is $102.40, going down 0.51%. Its market value is $10.63 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price is $136.67, going up 19.07%. Its market value is $2.39 billion.
- EOS’s price is $2.52, going down 3.20%. Its market value is $2.28 billion.
- Stellar’s price is $0.115691, going down 2.08%. Its market value is $2.21 billion.
- Tether’s price is $1.02, going up 0.57%. Its market value is $1.89 billion.
- Litecoin’s price is $29.65, going down 2.34%. Its market value is $1.76 billion.
- Bitcoin SV’s price is $89.39, going up 5.32%. Its market value is $1.56 billion.
- TRON’s price is $0.016004, going up 0.53%. Its market value is $1.06 billion.