Market Update 6.17.18 – Bitcoin Core Version 0.16.1 is Officially Here
Bitcoin Core Version 0.16.1 is Officially Here
The highly anticipated latest version of Bitcoin Core (version 0.16.1) has been officially released. The new major version comes with a handful of new features and performance improvements, as well as bug fixes and updated translations. Interestingly, it has removed the miner block size recalling the infamous depreciation of the “blockmaxsize” option for miners. It was basically meant to limit their blocks’ sizes in the previous version.
Moreover, the upgrade directly affects wallets that were created in 0.16 and later. It is also worth noting that they are not entirely compatible with previous versions and, more importantly, will not work if minters try to utilize newly created wallets in older versions. According to Bitcoin Core developer Jimmy Song, the latest version’s most notable addition is none other than the “native SegWit support (bech32).”
See the full report here.
CIA Neither Denies Nor Confirms Satoshi Nakamoto’s True Identity
It holds true that the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency has been probing at the existence of Satoshi Nakamoto, the person (or perhaps a group of individuals) who is believed to be the developer behind cryptocurrency Bitcoin. Apparently, the agency has “neither confirmed nor denied the existence” of this so-called individual. This was after Motherboard’s very own Daniel Oberhaus submitted a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and to the CIA, asking information about the identity of Nakamoto.
Oberhaus said that his request is still deemed open, but the reply he received was a “Glomar Response.” The latter means that the request of information received a response that “neither confirms nor denies” (also known as NCDC) the existence of the requested information. He mentioned, however, this type of response is known to be a notorious practice of the CIA.
Read the full report here.
Massive Ethereum Upgrades Expected to Arrive Together
The developer team responsible for Ethereum is strongly considering massive changes to a planned rollout of new technology upgrades. Creator Vitalik Buterin announced that the team could possibly alter the sequence in which both Casper and sharding are activated. Note that these are two of the most highly anticipated updates.
Instead of releasing these updates separately, the team might move forward with a decision to release and enable both updates together. Casper is basically Ethereum’s long-planned consensus platform. Sharding, on the other hand, could be used to scale the system into a huge number of transactions.
Read the entire story here.
Total Market Cap: June 17
The volume of trade in the crypto market sat at $10.53 billion. The market’s capitalization, on the other hand, reached $281.14 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: June 17
In the past 24 hours, Bitcoin jumped a notch by 1.30% to $6,557.99. The leading cryptocurrency’s trade volume trickled to $3.23 billion, while its market slid to $112.13 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: June 17
Ethereum’s price went high at around 1.94% to trade at $501.32. As for the altcoin’s trading volume, it reached $1.32 billion; whereas its market capitalization hit $50.19 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: June 17
In the past 24 hours, most of the prices are high. Meanwhile, TRON was able to dethrone Tether at the 10th place.
- Bitcoin’s market price jumped 1.30% to $6,557.99, and its value in the market is $112.13.
- Ethereum’s market price jumped 1.94% to $501.44, and its value in the market is $50.20 billion.
- Ripple’s market fell 0.33% to $0.535913, and its value in the market is $21.03 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s market jumped 0.46% to $854.69, and its value in the market is $14.689 billion.
- EOS’s market price jumped 0. 07% to $10.67, and its value in the market is $9.57 billion.
- Litecoin’s market price jumped 1.00% to $97.54, and its value in the market is $5.56 billion.
- Stellar’s market price fell 0.18% to $0.233782, and its value in the market is $4.35 billion.
- Cardano’s market price jumped 0.02% to $0.163396, and its value in the market is $4.24 billion.
- IOTA’s market price jumped 1.54% to $1.20, and its value in the market is $3.34 billion.
- TRON dethroned Tether and its market price jumped 1.23% to $0.043518, and its value in the market is $3.34 billion.