Christian Noyer Joins Setl’s Board of Directors
Christian Noyer, formerly the Governor of the central bank of France has joined the board of directors of the UK-based technology company Setl. Setl is a Blockchain focused financial company that was founded in 2015. The company creates infrastructure based on Blockchain tech focused on institutional settlements and payments. The company reported that it experiences over 1 billion transactions on a daily basis.
Setl, in its blog announcement, said that Noyer brought with him experience related in finance, regulations, economics and how central banks function.
Read more about this story here.
OCED Says ICOs Not Regulated Enough to be Mainstream
According to a report published by the OCED (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development), ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings) are not yet regulated enough to become mainstream. The report also said that ICOs could possibly become financing tools for small- to medium-sized businesses.
The report gave a broad overview of the financial tool as well as the different ways in which tokens related to ICOs were distributed, and also examined how tokens built on DLTs (distributed ledger technology) could be used to raise funds for smaller companies.
Read more about this article here.
ICO’s Completed in 1st Half of January Raised $160 Million
According to a report by the ICO (initial coin offering) rating firm ICObench, ICO’s that were conducted and completed in the first of January 2019 raised a total of $160 million. According to the data in the report, these ICOs raised one-third of the total amount that was raised in the entire month of December. In fact, 50% of that funding was secured by one single ICO.
The data from ICObench also showed that just this month alone, over 150 fundraising ICOs are scheduled to take place. Additionally, the total amount of hard cap is expected to reach $4 billion. Hard cap is the maximum money an ICO project can raise.
Find out more about this story here.
Total Market Cap: Jan 19
The capitalization of the crypto market remained almost flat at $122.16 billion and trading volumes are currently at $15.65 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Jan 19
Bitcoin’s price has barely moved in the last 24 hours, currently being just 0.02% higher to trade at $3667.20. Capitalization of the crypto is at $64.13 billion and trading volumes are at $5.05 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Jan 19
Ethereum’s price dropped by 1.02% to its current trading price of $121.70 and its valuation in the crypto market is now at $12.71 billion. The crypto is currently experiencing trading volumes of $2.25 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Jan 19
Bitcoin is the only one of the top ten most valuable cryptos that is in the green – but barely. The virtual coin is just 0.02% higher in price in the last 24 hours. Of the others, the biggest losses have been experienced by Tron, which has lost 3.44%, Bitcoin Cash, whose price has dropped 1.38% and Bitcoin SV, which is now down 1.36%.
- Bitcoin’s price is $3667.20, rising up by 0.02%. At this moment, the capitalization of the crypto is $64.13 billion.
- Ripple’s price is $0.327315, falling by 0.28%. At this moment, the capitalization of the crypto is $13.43 billion.
- Ethereum’s price is $121.70, falling by 1.02%. At this moment, the capitalization of the crypto is $12.71 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price is $128.13, falling by 1.38%. At this moment, the capitalization of the crypto is $2.25 billion.
- EOS’s price is $2.46, falling by 1.22%. At this moment, the capitalization of the crypto is $2.23 billion.
- Stellar’s price is $0.107603, falling by 0.91%. At this moment, the capitalization of the crypto is $2.05 billion.
- Tether’s price is $1.02, falling by 0.23%. At this moment, the capitalization of the crypto is $2.04 billion.
- Litecoin’s price is $31.48, falling by 0.43%. At this moment, the capitalization of the crypto is $1.89 billion.
- TRON’s price is $0.024273, falling by 3.44%. At this moment, the capitalization of the crypto is $1.61 billion.
- Bitcoin SV’s price is $76.08, falling by 1.36%. At this moment, the capitalization of the crypto is $1.33 billion.