CoinfloorEX Relaunching Next Month as CoinFLEX
CoinflooxEX, which was a Bitcoin futures marketplace, is being spun off from Coinfloor Group, its parent company, and will be relaunched next month as CoinFLEX (Coin Futures and Lending Exchange). The new CoinFLEX will be owned by a group of investors which include Roger Ver, Trading Technologies, Mike Komaransky, B2C2, Global Advisors, Grapefruit Trading, Dragonfly Capital Partners, Amber Al and Alameda Research.
This new entity will offer a new derivative product – stablecoin to stablecoin futures – and will focus on retail customers in Asia. It will also offer up to 20x leverage. CoinFLEX will allow traders to exchange USDT (Tether) for other stablecoins such as USDC (USD Coin), so that crypto trading across the markets can be eased.
Find out more here.
Miller: Bitcoin Can Either be Worth a Lot or Nothing
According to noted Wall Street investors, Bitcoin (BTC) can either be worth a lot or nothing. Miller is the founder of the investment management company Miller Value Partners, and he spoke about this subject to host Kelly Evans on CNBC’s show The Exchange.
During the interview, Miller spoke about the patterns being seen in Bitcoin trading. He stated that the cryptocurrency was an interesting technological experiment and analyzed the clear high and low trading patterns of each year. He also talked about another pattern, that BTC bottom out exactly 1 year after its December 2017 high. However, the traditional stock market did not follow suit for at least another 3 to 4 weeks.
Read more about this story here.
Maltese Opposition Leader Faces Fresh Backlash
The leader of the Maltese opposition, Adrian Delia, is now facing fresh backlash for his comments about the Maltese Parliament doing nothing about cryptos over the last few weeks. The local daily, the Malta Independent, not quoting Delia directly, reported that he said that Malta was being promoted as a Bitcoin island, but over the Christmas holidays, the Maltese government was been inactive.
The Maltese Parliamentary Secretariat for Financial Services, Digital Economy and Innovation immediately responded to this jibe, announcing that Valletta, Malta’s capital, was going to give more peace of mind as well as protection to cryptos such as Bitcoin.
Read the full story here.
Total Market Cap: Jan 08
In the last one day, the cryptocurrency market’s valuation has dropped at notch to $135.44 billion and trading volumes are currently at $15.02 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Jan 08
Bitcoin’s price has dropped by 0.95% in the last 24 hours to trade at $4023.01, and its market worth is now $70.28 billion. The crypto is experiencing trading volumes of $5.01 at the moment.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Jan 08
Ethereum’s price is now $150.05, which is 3.41% lower that yesterday. The cryptocurrency’s valuation is now $15.64 billion and trading volumes are at $2.43 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Jan 08
In the top ten list, Stellar has overtaken Litecoin as the 6th most valuable cryptocurrency, and TRON has overtaken Bitcoin SV as the 9th most valuable cryptocurrency. Stellar and TRON are also the only two cryptocurrencies that are trading in the green at this time. Stellar is up by 0.29%, but TRON has jumped up by 8.11%.
- Bitcoin’s price is $4023.01, losing 0.95%. The digital currency’s valuation is $70.28 billion.
- Ethereum’s price is $150.05, losing 3.41%. The digital currency’s valuation is $15.64 billion.
- Ripple’s price is $0.362867, losing 2.68%. The digital currency’s valuation is $14.80 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price is $159.70, losing 3.71%. The digital currency’s valuation is $2.80 billion.
- EOS’s price is $2.77, losing 2.06%. The digital currency’s valuation is $2.50 billion.
- Stellar’s price is $0.121995, gaining 0.29%. The digital currency’s valuation is $2.33 billion.
- Litecoin’s price is $38.77, losing 0.43%. The digital currency’s valuation is $2.32 billion.
- Tether’s price is $1.02, losing 0.48%. The digital currency’s valuation is $1.90 billion.
- TRON’s price is $0.025119, gaining 8.11%. The digital currency’s valuation is $1.67 billion.
- Bitcoin SV’s price is $87.82, losing 1.86%. The digital currency’s valuation is $1.54 billion.