Connecticut Governor Signs SB443 into Law
The Governor of Connecticut, Dannel Malloy just signed the SB443 bill into law. This new law now establishes a Blockchain working group to assess and study the new technology. Another mandate that this working group has is to create a plan to help with the expansion of the Blockchain industry in Connecticut.
The bill was passed in a unanimous vote through both legislative houses of the state. According to the bill, the working group will include a minimum of 5 members from the industry and a minimum of 2 members from the academic community. The Commissioner of Economic and Community Development, or a designee appointed by the Commissioner will also be a member of this group.
Find out more here.
Republic Raises $12 Million in Token Pre-Sale
Republic, a platform for crowd equity designed to help users manage their token sales, which has been spun off from AngelList, raised $12 million in commitments for its ICO pre-sale.
The commitments were made by Binance Labs (the investing unit of crypto exchange Binance), NEO Global Capital (a part of public Blockchain venture with the same name), East Chain Co., Passport Capital and Jeffrey Tarrant. All investors bought the new cryptocurrency on offer as well as stakes in the company.
This initial pre-sale fund raiser is a part of Republic’s target to raise a total of $92 million.
Find out more here.
Huobi Launches New Marketplace in the US
The world’s third biggest cryptocurrency exchange in terms of trading volume, Huobi, has just launched its new cryptocurrency trading digital marketplace in the US. This platform has been created through a newly created company called HBUS which is based out of San Francisco. The cryptocurrency exchange was very clear that this new company is not a subsidiary, arm or division – or any kind of affiliate of Huobi. According to them, this new company is not to be referred to as Huobi US. This company is to be the exclusive strategic partner of Huobi in the US.
HBUS will have a soft-launch on June 10, during which time all users who sign up between June 10 and June 14 will be given one free month of trading on its platform free of cost.
Read the rest of the story here.
Total Market Cap: June 09
Trading volume in the crypto market was down for the second day in a row to $13.28 billion while capitalization went up slightly to $344.62 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: June 09
Bitcoin gained 0.68% to $7677.26 since yesterday. Trading volume is $4.27 billion and BTC’s market value is $130.99 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: June 09
Ethereum gained 0.83% to $607.43 since yesterday. ETH’s trading volume is $1.62 billion and its market cap is $60.68 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: June 09
The cryptocurrency market’s top ten cryptos were almost all up – with the exception of Ripple, whose price fell by 1.73%. The biggest gainers was EOS, whose price went up by 4.36% to trade at $14.58 per token. The second highest gains were made by IOTA, which gained 2.97% to trade at $1.73 per token
- Bitcoin’s price gained 0.68% to $7677.26 and market value is $130.99 billion.
- Ethereum’s price gained 0.83% to $607.43 and market value is $60.68 billion.
- Ripple’s price fell 1.73% to $0.676762 and market value is $26.55 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price gained 1.29% to $1131.29 and market value is $19.42 billion.
- EOS’s price gained 4.36% to $14.58 and market value is $13.07 billion.
- Litecoin’s price gained 0.93% to $120.63 and market value is $6.86 billion.
- Cardano’s price gained 1.47% to $0.208789 and market value is $5.41 billion.
- Stellar’s price gained 0.16% to $0.290652 and market value is $5.40 billion.
- IOTA’s price gained 2.97 % to $1.73 and market value is $4.81 billion.
- TRON’s price gained 2.31% to $0.05883 and market value is $3.86 billion.