Cricket South Africa Falls Victim to Twitter Scammers
According to recent news reports, Cricket South Africa’s (CSA’s) Twitter account was briefly taken over by scammers and posts on the country’s national cricket organizations social media account offered a fraudulent Bitcoin (BTC) lottery.
Early this morning, the CSA tweeted that it had started a partnership with a UK-based crypto-wallet provider called Luno, through which participants could win a lottery that was worth 20BTC (~$70,900). The post also had a link attached, which users could click on to send 0.01 BTC as participation fees. This tweet was active for 5 hours before the CSA deleted it.
Find out more about this story here.
ETC’s 51% Attacker Returned $100k to Gate.io
The crypto exchange Gate.io announced this weekend that $100,000 worth of ETC (Ethereum Classic) was returned to them by the 51% Attacker. The exchange also stated that it had tried to contact the attacker, however, it has not received any response.
Gate.io stated that they still did not know why the money was returned, but could speculate that this entire incident was the doing of a white hacker who just wanted to remind everyone about the risks related to consensus in Blockchain and also security in hash power.
Find out the details of this story here.
University of Bahrain to Issue Diplomas on Blockchain
According to local news reports, the University of Bahrain is planning to issue its students diplomas on the Blockchain Blockcerts. Blockcerts is being operated by the University in partnership with Learning Machine. Learning Machine is a company that has created a Blockchain powered system to issue official records that are verifiable.
This step is a part of the educational institution’s drive to create an overall digital learning system for mobile students. The Bahraini government has underlined the importance of using Blockchain based technology to help grow the country’s economy, even while highlighting the need for vigilance in cyber security.
Read more about this article here.
Total Market Cap: Jan 14
Last week’s decline in the crypto market continues today, with the capitalization of the market going down further to $118.94 billion. Trading volumes are at $16.05 billion at this time.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Jan 14
Bitcoin’s price has dropped below $3.6k and is now trading at $3592.30 per token, a 2.03% drop in the last one day. Capitalization of the crypto is now at $62.79 billion and trading is seeing volumes of $5.05 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Jan 14
Ether is down by 5.62% to its current token price of $118.72. The capitalization in the market of Ethereum is now $12.39 billion and trading is seeing volumes of $2.46 billion at this time.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Jan 14
Tether continues to remain stable, with its token price gaining 0.01%. TRON, after days of losses, is the only crypto of the top ten to show strong gains. The altcoin is up by 4.67% in trading so far today. The other 8 cryptos are in the red, with Bitcoin SV, down 9.61%, leading the way. Bitcoin Cash follows with a 5.80% drop in its token price. The third biggest loser for the day is Ethereum, which has lost 5.62% in its token price since yesterday.
- Bitcoin’s price is $3592.30, dropping 2.03%. Market capitalization of the crypto is $62.79 billion.
- Ripple’s price is $0.324592, dropping 2.40%. Market capitalization of the crypto is $13.32 billion.
- Ethereum’s price is $118.72, dropping 5.62%. Market capitalization of the crypto is $12.39 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price is $126.75, dropping 5.80%. Market capitalization of the crypto is $2.22 billion.
- EOS’s price is $2.32, dropping 4.62%. Market capitalization of the crypto is $2.10 billion.
- Stellar’s price is $0.105751, dropping 4.10%. Market capitalization of the crypto is $2.02 billion.
- Tether’s price is $1.02, gaining 0.01%. Market capitalization of the crypto is $1.97 billion.
- Litecoin’s price is $30.85, dropping 6.29%. Market capitalization of the crypto is $1.85 billion.
- TRON’s price is $0.023932, gaining 4.67%. Market capitalization of the crypto is $1.59 billion.
- Bitcoin SV’s price is $77.14, dropping 9.61%. Market capitalization of the crypto is $1.35 billion.