Market Update 2.22.18 – UK Treasury Inquiry in to Cryptocurrencies
UK Treasury Committee Launching Inquiry in to Cryptocurrencies
The UK Treasury Committee announced that it was launching an inquiry in to multiple issues related to cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. Some of the issues that the Treasury Committee will look into will be the role of cryptocurrencies in the UK, the possible impact of blockchain technology on the financial sector, etc. To find out more, click here.
German Regulators Explain to ICO Operators their Obligations
The German regulatory authority, the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) explained to ICO operators their obligations after the regulator received increased requests for clarifications about their legal status. To read the full story, click here.
Indian NASSCOM Partnering with Blockchain Institute to Push Digital Economy
NASSCOM, one of India’s leading Tech organizations, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Blockchain Research Institute, establishing a financial and research partnership. This partnership has been created to help developers in the country learn more about blockchain platforms to facilitate a digital economy in India. To learn more, click here.
Total Market Cap
The total cryptocurrency trading volume for the last 24 hours is $21.46 billion with a current market cap of $430.19 billion. The dominant cryptocurrency remains the Bitcoin with a 39.4% share.
Bitcoin Price Analysis
At the time of writing, the Bitcoin price is at $10,102.40, representing a loss of 9.63% in the last 24 hours. Total trading volume for the cryptocurrency is $8.59 billion. Bitcoin’s market cap at this time is $170.53 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis
Ethereum’s current price is at $816.14, which represents a loss of 9.05% in the last 24 hours. Trading volume for the altcoin has been at about $2.30 billion in that time period and its market cap is at $79.79 billion.
State of the Top 20 Cryptocurrencies
**All data given below is for the last 24 hours.
- Bitcoin is trading at $10,102.40, down 9.63%. BTC’s market cap is currently $170.53 billion.
- Ethereum is trading at $816.14, down 9.05%. ETH’s market cap is currently $79.79 billion.
- Ripple is trading at $0.93, down 13.08%. XRP’s market cap is currently $36.55 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash is trading at $1,211.95, down 13.09%. BCH’s market cap is currently $20.58 billion.
- Litecoin is trading at $197.30, down 12.04%. LTC’s market cap is currently $10.91 billion.
- Cardano is trading at $0.334, down 11.40%. ADA’s market cap is currently $8.67 billion.
- NEO is trading at $114.98, down 10.17%. NEO’s market cap is currently $7.47 billion.
- Stellar is trading at $0.366789, down 15.13%. XLM’s market cap is currently $6.77 billion.
- EOS is trading at $8.09, down 11.58%. EOS’s market cap is currently $5.54 billion.
- Dash is trading at $608.83, down 15.16%. DASH’s market cap is currently $4.80 billion.
- Monero is trading at $286.19, down 12.96%. XMR’s market cap is currently $4.50 billion.
- IOTA is trading at $1.61, down 16.58%. MIOTA’s market cap is currently $4.47 billion.
- NEM is trading at $0.418201, down 16.17%. XEM’s market cap is currently $3.76 billion.
- Ethereum Classic is trading at $32.66, down 14.09%. ETC’s market cap is currently $3.26 billion.
- TRON is trading at $0.040602, down 13.43%. TRX’s market cap is currently $2.66 billion.
- VeChain is trading at $5.44, down 11.25%. VEN’s market cap is currently $2.60 billion.
- Tether has jumped 4 places and is trading at $0.997430, up 0.75%. USDT’s market cap is currently $2.21 billion.
- Lisk is trading at $20.99, down 18.29%. LSK’s market cap is currently $2.14 billion.
- Qtum is up one place and is trading at $26.18, down 12.58%. QTUM’s market cap is currently $1.934 billion.
- Bitcoin Gold is trading at $114.67, down 12.87%. BTG’s market cap is currently $1.931 billion.