Market Update 2.26.18 – Global Regulators May Ban Crypto Ads
After Facebook, Global Regulators May Ban Crypto Ads
Last month, the crypto industry suffered a blow when Facebook announced its ban on financial products and services ads that were either misleading or deceptive, including cryptos. The French regulator AMF has already stated that it is planning to curb ads related to cryptocurrency derivatives. Other regulators may soon be following. To read the full story, click here.
Inter-Governmental Watchdog to Step up Scrutiny on Use of Cryptocurrencies in Money Laundering
The inter-governmental watchdog that handles financial crimes, the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), has said that it will increasing its scrutiny on the use of cryptocurrencies in money laundering cases. To find out more, click here.
Circle Buys Cryptocurrency Exchange Poloniex
Fortune reported that the Goldman Sachs funded mobile payments app company, Circle announced today that they have bought the US-based cryptocurrency exchange Poloniex for $400 million. To read to rest of the story, click here.
Total Market Cap
The total cryptocurrency trading volume for the last 24 hours is $18.01 billion with a current market cap of $450.26 billion. The dominant cryptocurrency remains the Bitcoin with a 38.5% share.
Bitcoin Price Analysis
At the time of writing, the Bitcoin price is at $10,267.70, representing a gain of 7.90% in the last 24 hours. Total trading volume for the cryptocurrency is $6.88 billion. Bitcoin’s market cap at this time is $173.39 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis
Ethereum’s current price is at $876.03, which represents a gain of 5.34% in the last 24 hours. Trading volume for the altcoin has been at about $1.90 billion in that time period and its market cap is at $85.72 billion.
State of the Top 20 Cryptocurrencies
**All data given below is for the last 24 hours.
- Bitcoin is trading at $10,267.70, up 7.90%. BTC’s market cap is currently $173.39 billion.
- Ethereum is trading at $876.03, up 5.34%. ETH’s market cap is currently $85.72 billion.
- Ripple is trading at $0.95, up 3.26%. XRP’s market cap is currently $37.43 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash is trading at $1,263.81, up 8.39%. BCH’s market cap is currently $21.47 billion.
- Litecoin is trading at $228.01, up 6.91%. LTC’s market cap is currently $12.62 billion.
- NEO has moved up one place and is trading at $135.77, up 17.13%. NEO’s market cap is currently $8.82 billion.
- Cardano is trading at $0.334, up 4.37%. ADA’s market cap is currently $8.67 billion.
- Stellar is trading at $0.366, up 6.27%. XLM’s market cap is currently $6.75 billion.
- EOS is trading at $8.21, up 5.52%. EOS’s market cap is currently $5.70 billion.
- IOTA is trading at $1.89, up 2.71%. MIOTA’s market cap is currently $5.25 billion.
- Dash is trading at $622.77, up 6.84%. DASH’s market cap is currently $4.92 billion.
- Monero is trading at $289.88, up 7.28%. XMR’s market cap is currently $4.56 billion.
- Ethereum Classic is trading at $36.16, up 1.23%. ETC’s market cap is currently $3.62 billion.
- NEM is trading at $0.398827, up 3.81%. XEM’s market cap is currently $3.58 billion.
- TRON moved up one place and is trading at $0.042566, up 7.57%. TRX’s market cap is currently $2.79 billion.
- VeChain is trading at $5.61, down 0.53%. VEN’s market cap is currently $2.67 billion.
- Tether is trading flat at $1. USDT’s market cap is currently $2.22 billion.
- Qtum is up two places and is trading at $29.36, up 14.82%. QTUM’s market cap is currently $2.16 billion.
- Lisk is trading at $20.84, up 5.51%. LSK’s market cap is currently $2.13 billion.
- Bitcoin Gold is trading at $119.07, up 4.72%. BTG’s market cap is currently $2 billion.