Market Update 2.27.19 – Diar: Ripple Violated Coinbase Rules
Diar: Ripple Violated Coinbase Rules
According to crypto market research company, Ripple (XRP) is violating one of the cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase’s listing rules. In the exchange’s Digital Asset Framework, it is stated that ownership stake retained by the team should be a minority one. However, Diar states that Ripple owns 60% of the crypto supply in escrow.
Despite this issue, Coinbase Pro, the exchange’s professional platform has just listed XRP for its users. In its announcement on February 25, Coinbase stated that traders in the US, some European Union countries, Canada, the UK, Australia and Singapore would be able to fully trade in XRP.
Read more about this story here.
Maduro Portrait to be Destroyed in Livestream Event
The portrait of Venezuela’s President Nicolas Maduro will be destroyed in a livestream event organized by Mexican cryptocurrency exchange AirTM and crypto-merchant services provider Cripto Conserje.
The 11ft X 10ft portrait has been painted on 1,000 bolivars by cryptograffitti, a crypto-focused artist. During this event, the portrait will be torn down and for every donation made, a piece of the mural will be destroyed. Donations in BTC, Zcash, ETH, XRP, BCH and Dash will be accepted.
The event is actually part of a bigger project called #AirdropVenezuela, which is planning to use 50% of the donations to fund more than 100,000 Venezuelans with cryptocurrencies in April.
Read the details here.
Platform Developed to Battle Fake Educational Documents
According to news reports, Japanese technology giants Sony and Fujitsu have joined hands to create a blockchain based encrypted database targeted at educational certificates. This database is being used to prevent forgeries of proficiency documents related to language. This is because it has been found that many foreigners fake their language proficiency documents so that they can receive resident status in Japan for further studies.
According to Japanese law, foreigners have to submit a certificate of language proficiency to the country’s Immigration Bureau if they wish to receive their resident status. However, forged copies of these documents have been found from many different countries. The platform is expected to be tested in March, before it is deployed for real time use in April.
Read more about this story here.
Total Market Cap: Feb 27
Capitalization in the cryptocurrency market is now at $130.17 billion, rising for the second day in a row. The trade volumes in the market are $25.34 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Feb 27
The price of BTC is up by 0.23% to $3856.52 in trading today and the crypto’s capitalization is now at $67.72 billion. Volumes of trade in the cryptocurrency are $7.70 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Feb 27
Ether’s price is now $137.68, down by 0.43% in the last 24 hours. The market cap of the world’s number two crypto is now $14.45 billion and volumes of trade stand at $3.70 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Feb 27
Six of the most valuable cryptocurrencies in the world are trading in the red, with their token prices down marginally. Bitcoin Cash is seeing the highest losses at a 1.10% drop in token price. Of the cryptocurrencies that are in the green, the highest gains in trading so far today are being experienced by Stellar, which is up by 2%.
- Bitcoin’s price now is $3856.52, rising 0.23%. Now, the virtual currency is worth $67.72 billion.
- Ethereum’s price now is $137.68, falling 0.43%. Now, the virtual currency is worth $14.45 billion.
- Ripple’s price now is $0.316571, falling 0.97%. Now, the virtual currency is worth $13.09 billion.
- EOS’s price now is $3.50, falling 0.05%. Now, the virtual currency is worth $3.17 billion.
- Litecoin’s price now is $45.44, falling 0.40%. Now, the virtual currency is worth $2.75 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price now is $133.16, falling 1.10%. Now, the virtual currency is worth $2.34 billion.
- Tether’s price now is $1.01, falling 0.04%. Now, the virtual currency is worth $2.04 billion.
- Stellar’s price now is $0.086900, rising 2%. Now, the virtual currency is worth $1.66 billion.
- TRON’s price now is $0.024242, rising 0.73%. Now, the virtual currency is worth $1.61 billion.
- Binance Coin’s price now is $9.80, rising 1.97%. Now, the virtual currency is worth $1.38 billion.