ETC Surges after Coinbase Listing
Ethereum Classic’s (ETC’s) price surged by 25% after the news was released that it would be added to cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase’s listings. The American cryptocurrency exchange announced through a blog post that it had started the integration work that was required to include Ethereum Classic on its trading platform. The exchange also stated that the launch date for ETC would be announced on September 5, after the integration work was completed.
According to data from Coinmarketcap, the price of ETC surged 25% in the span on half an hour after the tweet was released by Coinbase. Coinbase had stated earlier in March and, before that, in January, that it was not looking at adding any new digital assets to its listing.
Find out more here.
Mystery Firm Raising $180 Million in SAFT Sale
According to the Notice of Exempt Offering of Securities released on June 4 via the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), a new company called NewTech Myning OU is planning to raise funds through a SAFT (Simple Agreement for Future Tokens) sale. So far, there have been a number of companies that have raised funds using the SAFT model.
The company is trying to raise $180 million through this sale. The challenge is that there is no information about this company. Business online registry information indicates that this company was founded in March this year, however, prior to that time there is no information available about the company.
Read the rest of the story here.
Binance Planning to Offer Fiat-Crypto Trading
The cryptocurrency exchange Binance is planning to offer trading between fiat currencies and cryptocurrencies via a separate exchange that will be based in Malta. Binance is the world’s second largest cryptocurrency exchange in terms of volume of trade. The company confirmed that while its main exchange was a purely crypto-to-crypto trading platform, Binance was looking to open a second exchange in Malta which would enable fiat-to-crypto trades. The representative from the company stated that the first trade would most probably be Euro-to-crypto trading.
According to the CEO of Binance, Changpeng Zhao, the company has already opened up a bank account in Malta, paving the way for fiat-crypto trading.
Find out more about the story here.
Total Market Cap: June 12
Trading volume has dropped slightly to $15.37 billion for today and the cryptocurrency market’s value still remains low at $300.70 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: June 12
Bitcoin gained 0.75% to $6874.36 since yesterday. Trading volume has dropped to $4.63 billion but the digital asset’s market value has inched up slightly to $117.64 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: June 12
Ethereum slipped another 0.48% to $533.75 since yesterday. The altcoin’s trading volume also dropped to $1.91 billion and its market value slipped to $53.36 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: June 12
The top ten cryptocurrencies by market value still continue to struggle, however, Bitcoin did manage to recover slightly by 0.75%, as did Cardano (0.19% gain) in current trading. All the other top ten cryptos were down, with TRON losing the most at 2.06%.
- Bitcoin gained 0.75% to a price of $6874.36. Its market cap increased to $117.64 billion.
- Ethereum slipped 0.48% to a price of $536.35. Its market cap fell to $53.36 billion.
- Ripple slipped 0.61% to a price of $0.594277. Its market cap stayed at $23.32 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash slipped 1.21% to a price of $947.65. Its market cap fell to $16.27 billion.
- EOS slipped 1.83% to a price of $11.25. Its market cap fell to $10.17 billion.
- Litecoin slipped 1.46% to a price of $107.26. Its market cap fell to $6.10 billion.
- Stellar slipped 0.22% to a price of $0.251352. Its market cap fell to $4.67 billion.
- Cardano gained 0.19% to a price of $0.178505. Its market cap increased to $4.62 billion.
- IOTA slipped 1.41% to a price of $1.39. Its market cap fell to $3.85 billion.
- TRON slipped 2.06% to a price of $0.047662. Its market cap fell to $3.13 billion.