Euro Exim Bank Uses xRapid for Cross-Border Payments
Ripple announced on Tuesday that the London-based Euro Exim Bank would be using XRP for cross-border payments. The bank, which provides financial services to import and export companies, will be the first to announce that it is using XRP for such payments.
Along with Euro Exim Bank, payment startups SendFriend, JNFX, FTCS and Transpaygo will start using XRP for their cross-border payment transactions. Additionally, Kuwait’s Ahli Bank, BFC Bahrain, GMT, ConnectPay, Olympia Trust Company, WorldCom Finance, Rendimento and Pontual/USEND have also signed on to Ripple’s RippleNet.
Read the full story here.
Telenor’s Subsidiary Launches Blockchain Remittance Service
According to a press release published on January 8, Telenor’s Pakistani subsidiary Telenor Microfinance Bank (TMB) and Easypaisa have together launched a Blockchain powered international payments service. This service is being powered by Blockchain tech that has been developed by the online payment platform owned by Ant Financial, Alipay.
According to the senior vice president of Telenor Financial Services, Pakistan receives about $1 billion in money transfers from Malaysia. With this service, intermediary costs and tracking funds will be eliminated and non-stop, real-time money transfers will be possible.
Read more about this story here.
Decentralized Cryptos are Vulnerable to 51% Attacks
According to the creator of Litecoin (LTC) Charlie Lee, the very nature of a decentralized cryptocurrency makes it vulnerable to 51% attacks. This tweet by Lee comes in the wake of the recent suspicious mining activity on the Ethereum Classic (ETC) network, which many are now referring to as a 51% attack.
Coinbase had posted an update about the unusual activity on ETC’s Blockchain on January 8, stating that another 12 reorgs had been noticed, which included double spends that now totaled 219,000 ETC (~$1.1 million). The core developer team at ETC has been refuting the fact that the attack on their network was a 51% attack.
Read the rest of the story here.
Total Market Cap: Jan 09
The capitalization of the crypto market is up by almost $2 billion to $137 billion since yesterday and trading volumes have shot up to $25.54 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Jan 09
Bitcoin has gained 1.20% in its token price in the last 24 hours to trade at $4,053.23. The crypto’s valuation in the market is now at $70.81 billion and trading volumes are up at $5.38 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Jan 09
Ethereum now has a token price of $152.04, a 1.85% gain in the last 24 hours. The crypto’s market capitalization is also up to $15.85 billion and trading volumes are at $2.45 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Jan 09
With the exception of Bitcoin SV, which is down 0.39%, the top cryptos in the market are currently trading in the green. The biggest gains are being experienced by TRON, which continues it upward trajectory with another 7.47% gain in its token price. Other cryptos doing well today are Litecoin, which has gained 3.16%, and EOS, which is up by 2.19%.
- Bitcoin’s price is $4053.23, gaining 1.20%. The valuation of the digital asset is now $70.81 billion.
- Ethereum’s price is $152.04, gaining 1.85%. The valuation of the digital asset is now $15.85 billion.
- Ripple’s price is $0.364919, gaining 0.76%. The valuation of the digital asset is now $14.88 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price is $161.38, gaining 1.43%. The valuation of the digital asset is now $2.83 billion.
- EOS’s price is $2.81, gaining 2.19%. The valuation of the digital asset is now $2.54 billion.
- Litecoin’s price is $39.57, gaining 3.16%. The valuation of the digital asset is now $2.37 billion.
- Stellar’s price is $0.123434, gaining 2.11%. The valuation of the digital asset is now $2.36 billion.
- Tether’s price is $1.02, gaining 0.43%. The valuation of the digital asset is now $1.92 billion.
- TRON’s price is $0.025964, gaining 7.47%. The valuation of the digital asset is now $1.73 billion.
Bitcoin SV’s price is $87.48, losing 0.39%. The valuation of the digital asset is now $1.53 billion.