Market Update 9.07.18 – Goldman’s Plans to Scrap Crypto Desk Fake News
Goldman’s Plans to Scrap Crypto Desk Fake News
According to the Chief Financial Officer of Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Martin Chavez, the reports that made headlines earlier this week that the company was scrapping its plans to launch a cryptocurrency trading desk are all fake. Chavez denied all rumors and reports that Goldman was not going to open a crypto trading desk at the TechCrunch Disrupt Conference in San Francisco.
Bloomberg had reported back in December last year that Goldman was considering establishing a cryptocurrency-focus unit. Then on September 5 – this week – Business Insider reported that the company was scrapping this plan.
Find out the details of the story here.
Robinhood Launching IPO
Cryptocurrency and stock trading platform Robinhood’s Chief Executive Officer Baiju Bhatt, stated in an interview with TechCrunch that they were planning to launch an IPO (Initial Public Offering). To this end, Bhatt stated that the company was no on the lookout for a Chief Financial Officer.
Bhatt said the company was also undergoing a series of audits from the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as well as from FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) to ensure that they were completely compliant with all regulations.
Read more about this story here.
ConsenSys and Coursera Offering Online Blockchain Tech Course
The Blockchain based startup ConsenSys has partnered with Coursera, an online education platform, to offer a new Blockchain technology course. This name of this course is Blockchain: Foundations and Use Cases. This course has been designed to give students an introduction to Blockchain technology and also develop the skills they need to understand the workings of this tech and how it is changing industries across the world. Students will also be taught how Blockchain can be used to solve problems.
Coursera states that this course has been designed in such a way that students with various levels of skill, including those with no technical backgrounds, can take this course.
Read more about this story here.
Total Market Cap: Sep 07
The volume of trade in the cryptocurrency market has dropped by $6.28 billion to $13.80 billion since yesterday’s rout. The market’s valuation has also stabilized since yesterday, going up by $4.31 billion to $208.43 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Sep 07
After yesterday’s debacle, Bitcoin is showing signs of recovery, with its price now at $6539.06, which is a 1.11% increase. BTC’s value has also inched up to $112.95 billion while trading volumes have dropped to $4.71 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Sep 07
Ethereum is now trading at $231.70, a 1.10% gain since yesterday. Ether’s market value is $23.60 billion and its volumes of trade are at $1.71 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Sep 07
The cryptocurrency market is once again trading up today, with all the top ten cryptos in the green as they make marginal gains against yesterday’s massive losses. The biggest gains were seen by Ripple, which went up by 5.82%, followed by Stellar, which gained 5.80% and Monero, which rose by 4.73%.
- Bitcoin’s price is now $6539.06, rising by 1.11%. The virtual asset’s capitalization is $112.95 billion.
- Ethereum’s price is now $231.70%, rising by 1.10%. The virtual asset’s capitalization is $23.60 billion.
- Ripple’s price is now $0.302528, rising by 5.82%. The virtual asset’s capitalization is $11.99 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price is now $522.25, rising by 3.54%. The virtual asset’s capitalization is $9.05 billion.
- EOS’s price is now $5.31, rising by 4.95%. The virtual asset’s capitalization is $4.81 billion.
- Stellar’s price is now $0.209407, rising by 5.80%. The virtual asset’s capitalization is $3.93 billion.
- Litecoin’s price is now $57.82, rising by 3.80%. The virtual asset’s capitalization is $3.36 billion.
- Tether’s price is now $1, inching up 0.09%. The virtual asset’s capitalization is $2.76 billion.
- Cardano’s price is now $0.088407, rising by 3.92%. The virtual asset’s capitalization is $2.29 billion.
- Monero’s price is now $119.17, rising by 4.73%. The virtual asset’s capitalization is $1.95 billion.