Market Update 7.28.18 – Google Play Store Bans Crypto Mining Apps
Google Play Store Bans Crypto Mining Apps
Google has now joined Apple in banning crypto mining apps from its Play Store. According to Android Police, an industry media agency, the internet giant announced a change in its stance towards crypto mining software in a policy update for its Google Play app developers. According to the new policy update, apps that mine cryptos are not allowed on the Google Play Store, but apps that remotely managing crypto mining will be allowed.
This restriction comes at a time when both Apple and Google are trying to control crypto mining on their mobile platforms. This is also another step that Google has taken in controlling how cryptos are used on its platform.
Find out more here.
IBM and CNH Partner on Blockchain Upgrade
UK-based CNH Industrial, one of the largest capital goods companies in the world, has entered a multi-layer deal with IBM to implement Blockchain technology for them. CNH Industrial owns 12 international brands across the world, which include Iveco and Case IH, and now the company is looking to enhance a number of its internal processes so that it can review as well as optimize its global activities.
According to the announcement, areas such as Supply chain and inventory management of CNH’s parts and services division.
Find out more here.
Crypto Mining Malware Targeting Corporates
According to the cybersecurity firm Kaspersky Lab, a new form of cryptocurrency mining malware has been identified that is targeting corporates across multiple countries. The name of the crypto mining malware is PowerGhost, which is a kind of file-less malware. It reportedly uses a system’s inbuilt processes to take over a computer and is spreading across corporate networks in Brazil, Columbia, India and Turkey.
According to Kaspersky, this malware can quietly establish itself inside a system and spread across corporate networks, thereby infecting both individual workstations as well as servers.
Read the rest of the story here.
Total Market Cap: July 28
Cryptocurrency trading volume surged by more than $8 billion overnight to its current $22.99 billion. The market’s capitalization also gained and is at a current valuation of $297.41 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: July 28
BTC once again cross the $8k mark since its dip yesterday and is currently trading at a price of $8188.49 per token, a 3.15% gain. Trading volume also jumped up to $5.44 billion and Bitcoin’s market cap is now $140.55 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: July 28
Ethereum gained slightly since yesterday by 1.2% to see a price rise of $468.97 per token. Trading volume in Ether also shot up massively to $5.02 billion and its market valuation is now at $47.31 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: July 28
The cryptocurrency market fell slightly yesterday, however, today, all the top ten cryptocurrencies have showed gains. Bitcoin climbed 3.15% after yesterday’s drop. The number one crypto in terms of price increase percentage is Stellar, which has gone up by 4.22% so far in trading today.
- Bitcoin went up 3.15% to trade at $8188.49. The virtual asset’s market valuation is currently $140.55 billion.
- Ethereum went up 1.2% to trade at $468.97. The virtual asset’s market valuation is currently $47.31 billion.
- Ripple went up 0.91% to trade at $0.453912. The virtual asset’s market valuation is currently $17.84 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash went up 2.39% to trade at $820.76. The virtual asset’s market valuation is currently $14.16 billion.
- EOS went up 1.45% to trade at $8.35. The virtual asset’s market valuation is currently $7.48 billion.
- Stellar went up 4.22% to trade at $0.318699. The virtual asset’s market valuation is currently $5.98 billion.
- Litecoin went up 0.34% to trade at $83.79. The virtual asset’s market valuation is currently $4.82 billion.
- Cardano went up 1.44% to trade at $0.164766. The virtual asset’s market valuation is currently $4.27 billion.
- IOTA traded flat at a token price of $1.02. The virtual asset’s market valuation is currently $2.84 billion.
- Tether went up 0.18% to trade at $1. The virtual asset’s market valuation is currently $2.5 billion.