Market Update 1.03.19 – Indian Police Warns Against Buying Cryptos
Indian Police Warns Against Buying Cryptos
The police in the Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) have issued a warning against investing in cryptocurrencies. The police warned the public that cryptocurrency investments were not sanctioned by the Indian government and also highlighted the increased risk in such investments.
The Inspector General of J&P Police also announced that the cryptocurrency market could see a sudden as well as prolonged market crash, which could lead investors, especially retail customers, to lose their “hard-earned money”.
Read more about this story here.
Novogratz Buys 2.7% More of his Crypto Fund
Michael Novogratz invested another $4.8 million in Galaxy Digital Holdings Ltd., his crypto venture fund. The Chief Executive Officer of the Galaxy bought another 7.5 million shares of his own company, which is about another 2.7% of the total shares that are outstanding, for C$7.42 million (which is US$4.8 million). With this purchase, the CEO’s stake in Galaxy has gone up to 79.3%.
Galaxy is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange on the Toronto Stock Exchange in Canada. Thanks to the massive slump in the crypto market last year, Galaxy’s stocks had dropped by 19%. However, after the announcement was made about Novogratz’s purchase, the company’s share rose by 21.36% to trade at a price of C$1.25 in early trading on Wednesday.
Read more here.
Thai NECTEC Develops Blockchain Tech for e-Voting
According to local news reports, the Thailand’s NECTEC (National Electronics and Computer Technology Center), has developed an e-voting system using Blockchain technology. NECTEC is a government organization that focuses on the development of the computing, IT, electronics and telecommunications sector. It functions under the aegis of the Ministry of Science & Technology and the National Science and Technology Development Agency.
This new Blockchain based technology can reportedly be deployed along with traditional voting systems. NECTEC stated that once Thailand employed 5G connectivity, all votes would be connected to this new tech. The head of the cybersecurity laboratory at NECTEC, Chalee Vorakulpipat stated that this technology could be applied to national, provincial as well as community level elections.
Find out more here.
Total Market Cap: Jan 03
The cryptocurrency market’s capitalization is currently $132.60 billion and its market trading volumes are at $16.47 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Jan 03
Bitcoin’s price is now $3890.25, which a 1.37% increase in the last 24 hours. The capitalization of the crypto is now $67.92 billion and volumes in trading are at $5.09 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Jan 03
Ethereum’s price is up by 3.69% to trade at $151.63 per token, with trading volumes at $3.15 billion. The crypto’s market value is now $15.79 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Jan 03
All of the top ten cryptocurrencies in the market are in the green in trading so far today. The biggest gains have been seen by EOS, whose price jumped up by 4.47%, followed by Ethereum, whose price gained 3.69% and in third place is Litecoin, which has seen an increase of 2.20% in its token price.
- Bitcoin’s price is $3890.25, rising 1.37%. The digital currency’s value is now $67.92 billion.
- Ripple’s price is $0.365810, rising 0.81%. The digital currency’s value is now $14.92 billion.
- Ethereum’s price is $105.63, rising 3.69%. The digital currency’s value is now $15.79 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price is $167.64, rising 2.11%. The digital currency’s value is now $2.93 billion.
- EOS’s price is $2.80, rising 4.47%. The digital currency’s value is now $2.53 billion.
- Stellar’s price is $0.116737, rising 1.50%. The digital currency’s value is now $2.23 billion.
- Litecoin’s price is $32.89, rising 2.20%. The digital currency’s value is now $1.96 billion.
- Tether’s price is $1.03, rising 0.93%. The digital currency’s value is now $1.91 billion.
- Bitcoin SV’s price is $91.82, rising 0.78%. The digital currency’s value is now $1.61 billion.
- TRON’s price is $0.019962, rising 2.37%. The digital currency’s value is now $1.33 billion.