Ledger Goes Mobile with Crypto Wallet
The cryptocurrency wallet company Ledger has now gone mobile with the launch of its new Nano X device. The company revealed its new Bluetooth-enabled product at the yearly Consumer Electronics Show that was held in Las Vegas on Sunday.
One of the biggest complaints that users had about Ledger’s previous crypto wallet, the Ledger S, was that it was not Bluetooth enabled, which meant that it could not be used on mobile devices. However, now, with the Nano X, that issue has also been addressed. Today, most users have switched to mobile computing, seldom using their laptops or desktops for online transactions.
Read the rest of the story here.
Colorado Contemplating New Bill on Cryptos
The Colorado state Senate is considering a new bill which could exempt cryptocurrencies from certain securities laws in the state. This bill is a bipartisan effort that is being sponsored by Republican Jack Tate as well as Democrat Steve Fenberg and has been dubbed the Colorado Digital Token Act.
The proposal’s summary explains that this bill aims to give cryptocurrencies and crypto traders limited exemptions from certain securities laws, such as securities registration, as well as securities salesperson and broker-dealer licensing requirements for people who deal in “digital tokens”. This is not the first time that a bill of this nature has been proposed. In May 2018, a similar bill about token identities had been vetoed in the Senate.
Read more about this article here.
According to local news reports, the local Federal agencies raided the office of a science and technology center in Michigan during a crypto-related investigation. The founder of The Geek Group, as the center is called, Chris Boden, posted a live public statement on YouTube on Saturday night, saying that his technology-focused, not-for-profit organization had been raided by the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) and the DHS (Department of Homeland Security) on December 21 and that computers as well as other equipment had been confiscated.
This post was later deleted from YouTube.
Read more about this story here.
Total Market Cap: Jan 07
The cryptocurrency market’s valuation has gone up to $138.04 billion, with volumes of trade current at $17.86 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Jan 07
The price of the world’s top cryptocurrency is now $4076.30 per token, a gain of 6.31% in the last 24 hours. Bitcoin’s market cap is now $71.20 billion, and trading volumes in the crypto are at $5.67 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Jan 07
The world’s second most valuation crypto is now trading up by 2.42% at a price of $156.44 per token and is currently valued at $16.30 billion. Trading volumes are at $2.97 billion at this time of writing.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Jan 07
The week has started well for the cryptocurrency market with all the top cryptos in the green. The biggest gains in trading today so far have been made by Litecoin, which has jumped 10.74%, Stellar, which also jumped up by 7.37% and Bitcoin, which has gained 6.31% in the last 24 hours.
- Bitcoin’s price is $4076.30, gaining 6.31%. The virtual currency is now worth $71.20 billion.
- Ethereum’s price is $156.44, gaining 2.42%. The virtual currency is now worth $16.30 billion.
- Ripple’s price is $0.375868, gaining 5.77%. The virtual currency is now worth $15.33 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price is $166.76, gaining 4.28%. The virtual currency is now worth $2.92 billion.
- EOS’s price is $2.85, gaining 6.47%. The virtual currency is now worth $2.58 billion.
- Litecoin’s price is $39.36, gaining 10.74%. The virtual currency is now worth $2.35 billion.
- Stellar’s price is $0.121984, gaining 7.37%. The virtual currency is now worth $2.33 billion.
- Tether’s price is $1.02, gaining 0.28%. The virtual currency is now worth $1.90 billion.
- Bitcoin SV’s price is $89.84, gaining 1.76%. The virtual currency is now worth $1.57 billion.
- TRON’s price is $0.023330, gaining 3.42%. The virtual currency is now worth $1.55 billion.