Market Update 11.21.18 – Malware Detected on Make-A-Wish Foundation Site
Malware Detected on Make-A-Wish Foundation Site
The report stated that the CoinImp script had been able to infiltrate the website via the drupalupdates.tk domain. This campaign was recently deployed and Trustwave noted that it had used multiple methods to avoid detection.
Read more about this story here.
Bitcoin Cash Split May be Permanent
Bitcoin Cash split on November 15 and it doesn’t look like either party is willing to give in any time soon. Cryptocurrency exchanges are already adjusting to the fact that this split may be permanent.
Coinbase confirmed that it was going to resume “limited trading” in BCH. The exchange gave the Bitcoin ABC chain the ticker “Bitcoin Cash”. The exchange also stated that it was going to support trading in the Bitcoin SV chain in another two weeks. Poloniex and Bitfinex have simply removed the BCH ticker and replaced it with BAB (for the Bitcoin ABC chain) and BSV (for the Bitcoin SV chain).
Read the rest of the story here.
SWIFT India Partners with MonetaGo for Blockchain Pilot
SWIFT India is partnering with MonetaGo to pilot a Blockchain network that is focused on improving efficiencies and the security of various financial products. SWIFT India is a JV between the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT SCRL) and major Indian as well as International Banks. The organization offers messaging services to Indian domestic market infrastructures, corporates as well as banks.
According to the announcement, the new system being developed through the partnership between SWIFT India and MonetaGo will integrate the Fintech firm’s financial services systems tech with SWIFT’s standardized financial messaging services.
Find out more here.
Total Market Cap: Nov 21
Trading volumes continue to rise to $23.15 billion in the cryptocurrency market. Market capitalization has inched up by a little over $2 billion to $145.94 billion so far today, thanks to a reversal in BCH’s trading.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Nov 21
After gaining a little ground yesterday, the price of Bitcoin slipped once again by 3.18% to a current trading price of $4,484.71. The virtual currency’s market worth is now $77.97 and trading volumes are at $7.99 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Nov 21
Ethereum’s downward trajectory continues and the digital currency has lost another 5.24% to trade at $131.40 in trading today. The crypto is now worth $13.57 billion and is trading at volumes of $3.08 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Nov 21
Bitcoin Cash is the only crypto in the top ten list that is in the green, jumping up by 9.60% since yesterday. All the others in the list are in the red. The biggest losses have been experienced by Ripple (down 7.63%), Stellar (down 7.19%) and Litecoin (down 5.80%) in trading so far today.
- Bitcoin’s price is $4484.71, dropping 3.18%. The value of the digital token is $77.97 billion.
- Ripple’s price is $0.435317, dropping 7.63%. The value of the digital token is $17.55 billion.
- Ethereum’s price is $131.40, dropping 5.24%. The value of the digital token is $13.57 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price is $231.89, jumping up 9.60%. The value of the digital token is $4.05 billion.
- Stellar’s price is $0.195121, dropping 7.19%. The value of the digital token is $3.73 billion.
- EOS’s price is $3.71, dropping 4.93%. The value of the digital token is $3.36 billion.
- Litecoin’s price is $32.95, dropping 5.80%. The value of the digital token is $1.95 billion.
- Tether’s price is $0.979213, dropping 0.61%. The value of the digital token is $1.76 billion.
- Cardano’s price is $0.045216, dropping 3.59%. The value of the digital token is $1.17 billion.
- Monero’s price is $67.14, dropping 2.14%. The value of the digital token is $1.11 billion.