7 of 21 Exchanges’ Security Policies Approved by Korean Govt.
According to local news reports, 7 major cryptocurrency exchanges in South Korea have passed their government’s security audits. Bithumb, Korbit and Coinone are amongst those that passed.
The challenge now is that of the 21 that were audited, 14 failed to meet the required security criteria set by the government. Through this audit, lawmakers in South Korea looked at 85 different metrics related to security. Of those that did not pass, each were found to be lacking in 51 of those metrics.
Read more about this story here.
Google Policies Force Samourai to Remove Wallet Security
The privacy focused Bitcoin wallet provider Samourai released a blog post stating that it had removed some key security features from a version of its app due to Google’s restrictive policies. The company released the new version of its wallet service on Google Play on Tuesday, with three critical features removed.
These features are the wallet’s stealth mode, remote SMS commands and SIM switch defense. The company explained that this was done because of Google’s push towards becoming a walled garden. The company also said that a version of the new wallet with all features intact was available, but not on Google Play.
Read more about this story here.
Augur Significantly Overstating Usage
According to founding partner of crypto hedge fund Tetras Capital Alex Sunnarborg, the Blockchain powered prediction market Augur is grossly overstating its usage. Sunnarborg took to social media to criticize the platform after it released its latest weekly usage report, which showed the amount of money that was circulating in its prediction market.
According to that report, there is about $2 million in circulation in the prediction market in the form of bets made by users. However, Sunnarborg contends that that figure also includes bets that have already been closed. He said that if markets that had already ended were excluded then the total money being staked was less than $100,000.
Find out more here.
Total Market Cap: Jan 11
The crypto market is seeing its second straight day of losses, with its capitalization down to $123.78 in the last 24 hours. The volume of trading is up to $20.53 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Jan 11
Bitcoin’s price continues to fall today, and is now down by 3.58% to trade at $3702.03 per token. The cryptocurrency’s valuation in the market is now $64.69 billion and its trading volume is $6.39 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Jan 11
Ether has fallen 5.47% since yesterday and now has a trading price of $128.96 per token. The capitalization of the crypto is $13.45 billion with volumes of trade at $3.08 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Jan 11
Stablecoin Tether continues to stay in the green, gaining another 0.41% since yesterday. However, the rest of the cryptos in the top ten list continue to slide. The biggest losers in trading so far today are TRON, which finally pared gains by 11.24%, EOS, which is down by 7.01% and Bitcoin SV, which has fallen 5.57%.
- Bitcoin’s price is $3702.03, dropping 3.58%. The market valuation of the digital asset is $64.69 billion.
- Ripple’s price is $0.336639, dropping 3.99%. The market valuation of the digital asset is $13.81 billion.
- Ethereum’s price is $128.96, dropping 5.47%. The market valuation of the digital asset is $13.45 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price is $133.46, dropping 4.78%. The market valuation of the digital asset is $2.34 billion.
- EOS’s price is $2.45, dropping 7.01%. The market valuation of the digital asset is $2.22 billion.
- Stellar’s price is $0.109897, dropping 5.32%. The market valuation of the digital asset is $2.10 billion.
- Litecoin’s price is $33.53, dropping 5.67%. The market valuation of the digital asset is $2.01 billion.
- Tether’s price is $1.02, gaining 0.41%. The market valuation of the digital asset is $1.95 billion.
- TRON’s price is $0.026439, dropping 11.24%. The market valuation of the digital asset is $1.76 billion.
- Bitcoin SV’s price is $74.98, dropping 5.57%. The market valuation of the digital asset is $1.31 billion.