Market Update 3.28.18 – Ford Proposes New Traffic Management System
Ford Proposes New Traffic Management System
In the latest news, Ford Motor Company, the American can maker, has filed a patent for a system that would help smooth traffic flow. The system, called Cooperatively Managed Merge and Pass (CMMP) would involve communication between cars in traffic through the exchange of crypto tokens.
The idea is that would trade these CCMP tokens via individual transactions. So, for example, one transaction would involve a car allowing another to pass so that traffic flow is facilitated. And the car that sacrificed its time or place in traffic gets rewarded with tokens.
Read the full story here.
Cboe asks SEC not to Interfere
Cboe Global Markets, one of the biggest exchange operators in the world, wrote a letter to the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission), requesting the agency not to interfere with the creation of a Bitcoin ETF (exchange traded fund). Cboe said that since Bitcoin ETFs were similar to traditional commodity-based ETFs, no intervention was required.
An Exchange Traded Fund is a marketable security which tracks a particular index, bonds, commodities or even index funds, and trades just like a stock on a stock exchange. ETFs typically have greater daily liquidity and lower fees as compared to regular mutual funds.
Read the rest of the story here.
AMD GPU Software Updated to
AMD (Advanced Micro Devices), one of the world’s biggest graphics cards (GPU) makers, has updated one of its drivers – Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4 – so that it can handle crypto mining processes better. The software was released on an “as is” basis, which means that it will not be supported by any further updates, upgrades or any bug fixes.
Demand for GPUs have surged with the advent of cryptocurrency mining, to the extent that AMD mentioned in its 10-K SEC filing that if there was a decline in the crypto market which would lead miners to buy fewer GPUs, then it could hurt their growth. Read the full story here.
Total Market Cap: Mar 28
Cryptocurrency trading volume in the last one day has been at $13.56 billion, while the value of the market has go up a little to $300.30 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Mar 28
Bitcoin’s price is still hovering just below the $8000 mark at $7923.27, which is a minute 0.06% increase in the last 24 hours. The crypto’s market value is currently at $134.29 billion while its trade volume is at $4.90 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Mar 28
Ethereum continued its decline for another day, dropping by another 2.45% to trade at $453.41 per token. The cryptocurrency’s trade volume was at $1.55 billion while the crypto’s market value was at $44.65 billion so far.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Mar 28
The cryptocurrency market hasn’t moved much in the last 24 hours. Of the top 10 cryptos, most of the positive movement has come from the smaller digital currencies, with EOS jump up by 14.18% in the last 24 hours.
- Bitcoin’s market price is currently $7923.27, with a gain of 0.06%. Its market value is $134.29 billion.
- Ethereum’s market price is currently $453.41, with a drop of 2.45%. Its market value is $44.65 billion.
- Ripple’s market price is currently $0.582659, with a gain of 1.45%. Its market value is $22.77 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s market price is currently $879.99, with a drop of 1.61%. Its market value is $14.99 billion.
- Litecoin’s market price is currently $135.18, with a drop of 4.78%. Its market value is $7.54 billion.
- EOS’s market price is currently $6.28, with a jump of 14.18%. Its market value is $4.75 billion.
- Cardano’s market price is currently $0.161503, with a gain of 4.70%. Its market value is $4.18 billion.
- Stellar’s market price is currently $0.220033, with a gain of 2.99%. Its market value is $4.08 billion.
- NEO’s market price is currently $57.27, with a gain of 2.54%. Its market value is $3.72 billion.
IOTA’s market price is currently $1.20, with a gain of 1.69%. Its market value is $3.34 billion.