Market Update 4.22.18 – Coinbase Blocks WikiLeaks Shop
Coinbase Blocks WikiLeaks Shop
WikiLeaks Shop posted on Twitter on Friday that its account with crypto exchange and wallet Coinbase had been blocked. The merchandising arm of the non-profit international anonymous publisher, WikiLeaks showed a screen grab of an email from Coinbase, which stated that the website had violated the exchange’s Terms of Service and would therefore no longer receive access to their platform.
The WikiLeaks’ shops proceeds are used to fund the WikiLeaks operations. Customers allowed to pay in cryptocurrency – Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Dash, Ether, NEO, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Monero, ZCash and Vertcoin via Coinpayments.net.
Click here to get the full story.
Centra Tech’s Raymond Trapani Arrested
Raymond Trapani, the third co-founder of Centra Tech was arrested yesterday on charges of securities and wire fraud to the tune of more than $25 million. This fraud is associated with the startup’s ICO, according to the charges laid out by the US Department of Justice.
The first two co-founders, Sohrab Sharma and Robert Farkas had been arrested earlier this month on the same charges. The three people had advertised that their debit card, Centra Card, was backed by Visa and MasterCard and allowed users to convert their cryptocurrencies into regular currencies. This was not true.
Read the rest of the story here.
CoinField Going Big in Canada
CoinField, one of the local cryptocurrency exchanges in Canada, is planning to expand big time in 2018. Currently, CoinField is not one of the better-known cryptocurrency exchanges in the country. To be able to gain more customers and visibility, the exchange will have to add more currencies to its platform.
According to the company’s press release, it will add 10 new cryptocurrencies to its exchange platform through 2018. However, it was not clear which cryptocurrencies would CoinField add to its listing. The final list will be released separately next month.
Read the rest of the story here.
Total Market Cap: Apr 22
The cryptocurrency market’s trading volume jumped up to $21.57 billion since yesterday, and its capitalization increases to $391.78 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Apr 22
Bitcoin’s price went up by 1.59% to trade at $8902.64. The number one digital currency’s trading volume fell to $6.48 billion but the crypto’s market value rose to $151.51 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Apr 22
Ethereum increased another 3.99% to trade at a token price of $618.49. The top altcoin’s trading volume slipped to $2.41 billion and its market value rose to $61.30 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Apr 22
Trading volume has risen in the last 24 hours and all the top ten cryptocurrencies have gained in value too. The highest gains have been seen in IOTA, which gained 10.75% to a market price of $2.06.
- Bitcoin’s price gained by 1.59% to a token price of $8902.64. The market capitalization of the digital asset is $151.51 billion.
- Ethereum’s price gained by 3.99%, to a token price of $618.49. The market capitalization of the digital asset is $61.30 billion.
- Ripple’s price gained by 3.58%, to a token price of $0.898590. The market capitalization of the digital asset is $35.15 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price gained by 7.96%, to a token price of $1170.63. The market capitalization of the digital asset is $20 billion.
- EOS’s price gained by 7.80%, to a token price of $11.74, overtaking LTC. The market capitalization for the digital asset is $9.49 billion.
- Litecoin’s price gained by 1.68%, to a token price of $149.87. The market capitalization of the digital asset is $8.42 billion.
- Cardano’s price gained by 1.99%, to a token price of $0.291456. The market capitalization of the digital asset is $7.55 billion.
- Stellar’s price gained by 2.72%, to a token price of $0.378166. The market capitalization of the digital asset is $7.02 billion.
- IOTA’s price gained by 10.75%, to a token price of $2.06. The market capitalization of the digital asset is $5.72 billion.
- NEO’s price gained by 2.25%, to a token price of $75.79. The market capitalization the crypto is currently $4.92 billion.