Substratum Launches Early Open Beta
Substratum, a project that brands itself as the foundation of the decentralized web, launched its early open beta protocol last week. The aim of the project is to provide users an alternative way to access the internet and bypass censorship. Instead of only providing access to developers and coders, which is the norm at this stage of development in a product, Substratum has made the early beta version available to all.
Users will now be able to try out Substratum’s new protocol via its early open beta launch. Since this technology is still in its early stages, the company warns that there may be technical issues.
Read the rest of the story here.
BitGo Unveils New Custodial Services
BitGo, the Palo Alto based crypt startup, has launched a new range of custodial services targeted at institutional investors who wish to enter the cryptocurrency market. This product builds on the offerings from Kingdom Trust, a US certified custodian of traditional financial products and assets. BitGo had acquired in January this year, and while the deal is still not yet finalized, the firm is not waiting for confirmation to launch its products based on Kingdom Trust.
BitGo will now offer 3 tiers of security services thereby positioning the company as a provider of the full spectrum of security services, which can scale from individual to institutional needs.
The rest of the story can be read here.
Early Milestone for Bitcoin Smart Contracts Sidechain
According to the latest news reports, the first ever Bitcoin smart contracts sidechain has just reached its first milestone a little early. RSK, the startup that built this tech to bring Ethereum-type smart contracts to the Bitcoin blockchain, will reveal new details about the number of BTC users allocating computing power to back this project. This reveal will take place at the eagerly awaited Consensus 2018 conference.
This sidechain was launched in January this year, and since then more than 80% of the Bitcoin community has already pledged support for its growth.
To find out more, click here.
Total Market Cap: May 14
The cryptocurrency market’s trading volume has remained steady at the $21 billion mark in the last one day. Capitalization in the market dropped a smidgen to $39.59 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: May 14
Currently the cryptocurrency’s price has dropped down to $8401.80, a 0.51% drop from the same time yesterday. Trading volume increased slightly to $6.35 billion, however, the digital asset’s market cap slipped slightly to $143.18 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: May 14
Ethereum’s price went up a little more by 2.57% to trade at $703.21 since yesterday. The number two virtual asset’s trading volume is $2.66 billion and its market cap is $69.92 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: May 14
The cryptocurrency market has seen a lot of volatility in the last twenty four hours. Currently, the price of the top ten cryptocurrencies are a mixed bag. BTC, BCH, EOS, LTC, ADA, XLM and TRX are down by a few percentage points, however, ETH, XRP and MIOTA are up a couple of percentage points.
- Bitcoin’s price went down by 0.51% to trade at $8401.80. BTC’s market capitalization is $143.18 billion at this time.
- Ethereum’s price went up by 2.57% to trade at $703.21. ETH’s market capitalization is $69.92 billion.
- Ripple’s price went up by 3.16% to trade at $0.722957. XRP’s market capitalization is $28.33 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price went down by 6.01% to trade at $1381.17. BCH’s market capitalization is $23.65 billion.
- EOS’s price went down by 2.91% to trade at $14.01. EOS’ market capitalization is $11.97 billion.
- Litecoin’s price went down by 2.06% to trade at $136.90. LTC’s market capitalization is $7.73 billion.
- Cardano’s price went down by 1.81% to trade at $0.268351. ADA’s market capitalization is $6.95 billion.
- Stellar’s price went down by 2.97% to trade at $0.354144. XLM’s market capitalization is $6.57 billion.
- IOTA’s price went up by 0.52% to trade at $1.90. MIOTA’s market capitalization is $5.29 billion.
- TRON’s price went down by 1.06% to trade at $0.071793. TRX’s market capitalization is $4.72 billion.