Market Update 3.23.19 – Mercado Livre Bans Crypto Ads on their Website
Mercado Livre Bans Crypto Ads on their Website
According to local news reports, Mercado Livre, the biggest e-commerce company in Latin America, has banned all cryptocurrency related ads on its platform. This company has overtaken Amazon.com has the largest online retailer in the region.
This action on the part of the online retail giant was only revealed when users reported that they received emails about Mercado Livre’s policy changes. Now, the new policy implemented by the company requires all users to remove all listings related to digital assets. If this is not done, then all listings will automatically be taken down from Mercado Livre’s platform from March 19 onwards.
Read the rest of the story here.
Mt. Gox Legal: Mass Selling Could Put BTC Fork Prices at Risk
Mt. Gox Legal, a group of one thousand creditors of the long-dead crypto exchange Mt. Gox, drafted a proposal that shows their consensus on the manner in which the exchange’s left-over assets should be disbursed.
Earlier this week, the Trustee for Mt. Gox, Nobuaki Kobayashi announced that the exchange’s balance is now ¥69,553,086,521 (~$629,594,540) in cash. Besides that, the exchange also holds 141,686.35 BTC (Bitcoin) as well as 142,846.35 BCH (Bitcoin Cash), which comes to about $593 million. Kobayashi also said that he hoped that more of the funds that had been hacked from the exchange in 2013 were recovered.
Read the details here.
Duma Defers Consideration of Crypto Bill to April
According to local news reports, the Russian Federation’s State of Duma has deferred the second reading on the bill called On Digital Financial Assets to next month. This initiative was taken by Duma’s Committee on Financial Market Chairman Anatoly Aksakov at the morning voting agenda of the committee’s plenary session. However, Chairman Aksakov did not explain why the decision was being postponed until April 2019.
The bill, which aims to structure national crypto legislation, was formally adopted by the Russian parliament in its second reading that was held earlier this month.
Read more about this story here.
Total Market Cap: Mar 23
The capitalization in the crypto market has inched up to $140.89 billion and trading volumes are currently at $31.24 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Mar 23
Bitcoin’s price has recovered from yesterday’s fall and is now up by 0.36% to $4043.56 per token. The capitalization of BTC is now $71.18 billion and it is experiencing total trading volumes of $9.53 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Mar 23
Since its drop yesterday, the price of Ethereum has recovered, going up 1.11% to its current trading price of $138.83. ETH’s capitalization is now $14.62 billion and trading volumes in the crypto are at $4.48 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Mar 23
Cardano has finally ousted Tron from the top ten list of most valuable cryptocurrencies in the world. After gaining 6.39%, Cardano has become the 10th most valuable cryptocurrency in the world. However, this digital asset is not the biggest gainer in the last 24 hours. Bitcoin Cash takes the credit with an 8.87% jump in its token price. Next is Cardano and the third biggest jump has been seen in Binance Coin’s price, which is up 5.11%.
- Bitcoin’s trading at $4043.56, gaining 0.36%. The valuation of this digital asset is now $71.18 billion.
- Ethereum’s trading at $138.83, gaining 1.11%. The valuation of this digital asset is now $14.62 billion.
- Ripple’s trading at $0.313091, gaining 0.41%. The valuation of this digital asset is now $13.04 billion.
- Litecoin’s trading at $61.46, gaining 3.82%. The valuation of this digital asset is now $3.74 billion.
- EOS’s trading at $3.71, gaining 1.84%. The valuation of this digital asset is now $3.36 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s trading at $167.98, gaining 8.87%. The valuation of this digital asset is now $2.97 billion.
- Binance Coin’s trading at $15.45, gaining 5.11%. The valuation of this digital asset is now $2.18 billion.
- Stellar’s trading at $0.0109069, gaining 1.64%. The valuation of this digital asset is now $2.09 billion.
- Tether’s trading at $1.01, losing 0.25%. The valuation of this digital asset is now $2.02 billion.
- Cardano’s trading at $0.059643, gaining 6.39%. The valuation of this digital asset is now $1.54 billion.