Market Update 11.30.18 – Mexico’s First Blockchain Association Established
Mexico’s First Blockchain Association Established
According to a news report by Forbes Mexico, the country has established its first Blockchain association. The Blockchain Association of Mexico, as it is named, has been founded by industry stalwarts such as Bitso, BIVA, ConsenSys, Exponent Capital, GBM, Luna Capital and Volabit.
The organization is reportedly aiming to develop practices and standards or the industry before Blockchain technology becomes mainstream in Mexico. It will also focus on educating people on the potential applications of the technology as well as how it can be deployed.
Find out more about this story here.
Intel Awarded Patent for Energy-Saving BTC Mining
The global technology giant that is best known for its computer microprocessors, Intel Corp. has now been awarded a patent for the mining of Bitcoin (BTC). The company won the patent on Tuesday from the USPTO (US Patent and Trademark Office).
This patent outlines the development of a Bitcoin mining processor which will be able deliver high-performance, yet energy efficient BTC mining. The patent says that it will be using the SHA-256 algorithm that is used in the world most valuable cryptocurrency.
Get more details about this story here.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. & DJ Khaled Charged for Promoting ICO
The world-famous professional boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. and music producer Khaled Khaled (popularly known as DJ Khaled) have been charged by the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for unlawfully promoting ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings).
According to the announcement made by the SEC on November 29, the agency found that the professional boxer had not disclosed payments made by three separate ICO issuers for him to promote their platforms. These payments included a $10,000 payment from the crypto startup CentraTech. DJ Khaled also failed to disclose a $50,000 payment made by the same startup to promote its platform.
Read more about this story here.
Total Market Cap: Nov 30
The cryptocurrency market is inching up in value and is currently at a capitalization level of $136.14 billion. Trading volumes are at $16.83 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Nov 30
After yesterday’s gains, the world’s most valuable crypto is down by 1.71% to trade at a token price of $4221.35. Bitcoin’s market cap is now $73.45 billion and its trading volumes today are at $6.08 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Nov 30
Ethereum stays at number three with a token price of $117.50, which is a 2.86% drop for the crypto since yesterday. Its market cap is now $12.16 billion and trading volumes are $2.13 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Nov 30
The cryptocurrency market seems to be following a pattern of a day’s gains, followed by a day of losses. And today was a day of losses. Most of the top ten cryptocurrencies are trading in the red. Stellar was the only exception, gaining by 0.61%. The biggest loss was experienced by EOS, which is down by 7.61%.
- Bitcoin’s trading at a price of $4221.35, losing 1.71% since yesterday. The token’s worth is now $73.45 billion.
- Ripple’s trading at a price of $0.373521, losing 3.43% since yesterday. The token’s worth is now $15.06 billion.
- Ethereum’s trading at a price of $117.50, losing 2.86% since yesterday. The token’s worth is now $12.16 billion.
- Stellar’s trading at a price of $0.166834, gaining 0.61% since yesterday. The token’s worth is now $3.19 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s trading at a price of $178.14, losing 5.43% since yesterday. The token’s worth is now $3.11 billion.
- EOS’s trading at a price of $2.92, losing 7.61% since yesterday. The token’s worth is now $2.64 billion.
- Litecoin’s trading at a price of $33.44, losing 4.31% since yesterday. The token’s worth is now $1.98 billion.
- Tether’s trading at a price of $0.995805, losing 0.15% since yesterday. The token’s worth is now $1.84 billion.
- Bitcoin SV’s trading at a price of $96.23, losing 1.89% since yesterday. The token’s worth is now $1.68 billion.
- Cardano’s trading at a price of $0.040859, losing 4.18% since yesterday. The token’s worth is now $1.05 billion.