Market Update 7.15.18 – Tezos To Grant Money To Crypto Developers
Tezos To Grant Money To Crypto Developers
Tezos is reportedly interested in developing its platform within its community. Following the release of its beta version, the Tezos Foundation revealed a brand new grant-making process, suggesting that it will hold a formal proposal call come August. The foundation explained that there will be three targeting key areas: research that is meant to extend its protocol, development of tools that will support the foundation, and resolutions that will grow its own community.
Through this, the foundation is expecting the developers, community members, and educational institutions to apply for grants. Tezos is basically a blockchain governance protocol. Apart from the release of its beta version late this June, it also faced a number of class-action lawsuits.
Read the full report here.
‘Hedge Fund King’ Steven Cohen Enters Crypto World
Steven Cohen is not only a billionaire investor; he is also the world’s renowned “Hedge Fund King.” Now, he is expected to enter the crypto world. Cohen is said to have invested in crypto-focused hedge fund called Autonomous Partners via his own VC firm Cohen Private Ventures.
The former was formed in last December by none other than Arianna Simpson, another venture capitalist who has a history in the Bitcoin space. She is best remembered for having a time at a BTC wallet startup BitGo. In fact, her crypto funds have already secured investments from big players, such as Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong.
Read the entire story here.
Major League Baseball Collectibles To Arrive In Ethereum
The Major League Baseball (MLB) is just one of the many entities turning to blockchain in hopes to expand its fanbase. On Friday, MLB said that it has partnered with a blockchain startup based in Los Angeles called Lucid Sigh. It is meant to launch a dApp game on Ethereum, with a goal to release it late this summer. This partnership is designed to enable baseball fans to interact with their favorite moments during the games.
MLB Crypto Baseball is a game that will have the same idea with CryptoKitties. The latter is said to have a direct influence on the baseball league’s new game. In fact, MLB executive vice president of gaming and new business ventures Kenny Gersh revealed that they already talked to Lucid Sight just around the time CryptoKitties came into existence.
Read the full report here.
Total Market Cap: July 15
The volume of trade in the crypto market sat at $8.78 billion. The market’s capitalization, on the other hand, reached $249.89 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: July 15
In the past 24 hours, Bitcoin jumped 0.58% to trade at $6,277.22. The leading cryptocurrency’s trade volume trickled to $2.86 billion, while its market slid to $107.65 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: July 15
Ethereum’s price jumped 0.6% to trade at $436.95. As for the altcoin’s trading volume, it reached $1.2 billion; whereas its market capitalization hit $44 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: July 15
In the past 24 hours, all prices are up except Thether’s, which fell at the 9th spot. IOTA, on the other hand, dethrones TRON at the 10th spot.
- Bitcoin’s market price jumped 0.59% to $6,277.94, and its value in the market is $107.66 billion.
- Ethereum’s market price jumped 0.63% to $436.84, and its value in the market is $43 billion.
- XRP’s market price jumped 0.36% to $0.439356, and its value in the market is $17.25 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s market price jumped 1.35% to $704.44, and its value in the market is $12.14 billion.
- EOS’ market price jumped 0.51% to $6.97, and its value in the market is $6.25 billion.
- Litecoin’s market price jumped 0.71% to $77.17, and its value in the market is $4.43 billion.
- Stellar’s market price jumped 6.29% to $0.211062, and its value in the market is $3.96 billion.
- Cardano’s market price jumped 1.46% to $0.137380, and its value in the market is $3.56 billion.
- Tether’s market price fell 0.27% to $0.999927, and its value in the market is $2.71 billion.
- IOTA dethrones TRON at the 10th spot, with its market price jumping 1.26 % to $0.972788, and its value in the market is $2.7 billion.