Market Update 5.20.18 – Zcash on 50 Percent Weekly Spike
Zcash on 50 Percent Weekly Spike
Apparently, the entire cryptocurrency market is flashing red as this month’s third week comes to a close. The total market capitalization has significantly dropped to 14.48 percent, which is basically $366 billion in the last 7 days. This only means that the month-to–date losses are close to at least 30 percent.
Larger digital assets such as bitcoin cash and EOS, among others, are reportedly hitting 14 percent decline. Ether, on the other hand, has hugely remained flat-lined on a weekly basis. Still, there is a probability that the cryptocurrency market will regain glory in the next weeks to come.
Read the full story here.
Cryptocurrency as Political Campaign Resource Proposed in Colorado
It is very likely for political candidates to accept and utilize Bitcoin and other digital assets for their upcoming campaigns. It was after Secretary of State Wayne Williams created a proposal for allowing donations of cryptocurrencies in any political campaign. Interestingly, the US Federal Election Commission (FEC) has already green-lighted the acceptance of crypto in said donations.
Ultimately, this gives the campaign at least 10 days to transfer the donated digital asset into their respective campaign’s official depository. Donations in the digital asset will be treated as cash donations, with the value being determined at the moment of donation. Colorado, in particular, is poised to follow the FEC’s designation of crytocurrency, which it deems an “in-kind donation.”
See full report here.
Bitcoin Significantly Influences Number of Blockchain and Crypto Job Opportunities
It seems that the number digital currency is significantly affecting the number of job postings in the industry it is in. As is the case with any other sector, the economic mood affects the very frequency of job postings. It appears that a falling bitcoin only results in companies becoming warier in hiring new stuff until things showcase improvement.
It holds true, however, that job markets tend to respond to the current economic mood. Take for example the banking sector: It is becoming more prone to either layoffs and restructuring whenever quarterly and yearly profits become unhealthy. Although a few people really mind such thing, there is no doubt that there is a clear link between available jobs and current prices.
Read the full report here.
Total Market Cap: May 20
The volume of trade in the crypto market sat at $16.32 billion. The market’s capitalization, on the other hand, increased a bit at $378.26 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: May 20
In the past 24 hours, Bitcoin jumped a notch by 1.78% to $8,305.81. The leading cryptocurrency’s trade volume trickled to $4.96 billion, while its market slid to $141.55 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: May 20
Ethereum’s price went high at around 2.91% to trade at $703.69. As for the altcoin’s trading volume, it reached $2.09 billion; whereas its market capitalization hit $70.04 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: May 20
While most prices are a notched high compared to yesterday, some have still fallen slightly. TRON was able to dethrone NEO at the 10th place.
- Bitcoin’s market price jumped 1.78% to $8,305.81, and its value in the market is $141.55.
- Ethereum’s market price jumped 2.91% to $703.69, and its value in the market is $70.04 billion.
- Ripple’s market jumped 1.22% to $0.678863, and its value in the market is $26.60 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s market fell 0.16% to $1,182.99, and its value in the market is $20.27 billion.
- EOS’s market price jumped 3. 53% to $13.11, and its value in the market is $11.37 billion.
- Litecoin’s market price jumped 1.65% to $135.98, and its value in the market is $7.70 billion.
- Cardano’s market price jumped 2.22% to $0.246116, and its value in the market is $6.38 billion.
- Stellar’s market price jumped 3.11% to $0.322006, and its value in the market is $5.98 billion.
- IOTA’s market price jumped 3.37% to $1.79, and its value in the market is $4.98 billion.
- TRON ousted NEO and its market price jumped 1.76% to $0.069430, and its value in the market is $4.56 billion.