Market Update 4.03.19 – Celo Raises $30 Million from Investors
Celo Raises $30 Million from Investors
The Blockchain-powered payments startup Celo has managed to raise $30 million from major crypto investors such as Andreessen Horowitz as well as Polychain Capital. Celo is the trading name for the company A Protocol Inc.
The company is planning to use its native token and stablecoin to accommodate cross-border remittances and will primarily focus on the unbanked who have access to smartphones. The company had earlier raised $6.4 million in a previous funding round, and has now reach the pilot testing phase of its project, which is being conducted in Argentina. The co-founder of Celo, Rene Reinsberg stated that there was big potential in letting people have access to basic financial services via their smartphones.
Read the rest of the story here.
Liquid.com Closes Funding Round as the Latest Crypto Unicorn
The cryptocurrency trading platform Liquid.com has just closed a funding round that has been backed by Bitmain as well as IDG Capital. The firm, owned by Quoine, a Japanese crypto exchange, announced that with the close of its Series C round of funding, it is now valued at over $1 billion. This makes the company one of the only two technology companies termed unicorns in Japan’s startup segment.
However, Liquid.com did not reveal the amount of investments made by Bitmain or IDG capital. The company stated that these funds would be used for global expansion as well as product development. Part of the funds would also be kept aside for supporting the company’s move into the security token space.
Read the rest of the story here.
Nimiq Acquired 9.9% Stake in WEG AG
Nimiq, the browser-based, Blockchain-powered payments platform, announced that it had acquired a 9.9% stake in German WEG Bank AG. The announcement stated that this acquisition came as part of the company’s strategic partnership with the bank as well as the Swiss-Maltese decentralized crypto exchange, Agora.Trade.
Nimiq stated the three partners were working together to build a bridge between crypto and fiat currencies that would create a seamless exchange between the traditional banking and new cryptocurrency systems.
Read more about this story here.
Total Market Cap: Apr 03
The crypto market’s capitalization is currently at $172.84 billion and trading volumes are at $78.10 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Apr 03
Bitcoin is up by 4.59% with a trading price of $4,962.78. Its market cap at this moment is $87.44 billion and trading volumes are at $21.06 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Apr 03
Since yesterday, the price of Ethereum has jumped up by 9.21% to trade at a token price of $166.70. The capitalization of the digital asset in the crypto market at this time is $17.58 billion and trading volumes are $10.53 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Apr 03
The bull run for the cryptocurrency market continues for a second day. Litecoin has taken 4th place in the top ten crypto list, with a massive 20.67% jump in its token price. However, the cryptocurrency that has seen its price skyrocket in the last 24 hours is Bitcoin Cash, which is up by a mammoth 41.44% at this time. The two other cryptos in the top list that have seen a double-digit growth in their token price are EOS (up 13.06%) and Cardano (up 14.23%).
- Bitcoin’s trading at $4962.78, gaining by 4.59%. Right now, its market cap is $87.44 billion.
- Ethereum’s trading at $166.70, gaining by 9.21%. Right now, its market cap is $17.58 billion.
- Ripple’s trading at $0.351823, gaining by 5.79%. Right now, its market cap is $14.68 billion.
- Litecoin’s trading at $81.36, skyrocketing 20.67%. Right now, its market cap is $4.97 billion.
- EOS’s trading at $5.18, gaining by 13.06%. Right now, its market cap is $4.69 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s trading at $258.55, skyrocketing 41.44%. Right now, its market cap is $4.57 billion.
- Binance Coin’s trading at $19.42, gaining by 1.57%. Right now, its market cap is $2.74 billion.
- Stellar’s trading at $0.0123953, gaining by 5.12%. Right now, its market cap is $2.38 billion.
- Cardano’s trading at $0.08970, gaining by 14.23%. Right now, its market cap is $2.32 billion.
- Tether’s trading at $1.01, gaining 1.01%. Right now, its market cap is $2.06 billion.