Market Update 3.14.19 – Coinbase Announces Support for Stellar Lumens
Coinbase Announces Support for Stellar Lumens
US-based cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase announced that it would now support XLM (Stellar Lumens) on its Pro platform. The announcement was made via a blog post on March 13. The post stated that the Coinbase Pro platform would accept XLM deposits for the next 12 hours before it would enable the complete range of trading options for the crypto. This would be done to ensure that there would be a sufficient supply of the crypto before trading was initiated fully.
The exchange stated that trading in XLM would go through 3 stages before full trading was enabled. In the first stage, users would only be able to transfer XLM to the exchange’s wallet.
Read the story here.
Lawsuits Piling Up Against Moshe
The Chief Executive Officer of the well-known Sirin Labs, Moshe Hogeg is becoming famous for the number of lawsuits he has piling up against him. A lawsuit was filed against another company of his last year – Invest.com, which was later settled.
Then, in January, Chinese investor Zhewen Hu filed another lawsuit against Hogeg for misappropriating funds for his investment portfolio, his company Sirin Labs and himself. The court has given him till March 15 to settle the case with the plaintiff. In total there are 3 different ICOs of Hogeg’s that are being questioned for issues of legality.
Read more here.
QuadrigaCX CEO Funded Exchange with His Own Money
The Chief Executive Officer of QuadrigaCX, Gerald Cotten was funding the exchange with his own money. This was brought to light by his widow Jennifer Robertson, who revealed the actual condition of the exchange’s finance in a statement that was published on March 13. Robertson stated that Cotten had funded user withdrawals with his own money in 2018 after the CIBC (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce) froze the company’s accounts which held $21.6 million.
Robertson, in her statement, said that she personally had no idea how her late husband had been running the exchange’s operations, however, Cotten had shared with her that he was putting his own money into the exchange. She said he did this for the good of the company and for his customers.
Read more here.
Total Market Cap: Mar 14
Trading volumes in the crypto market have risen a notch in the last 24 hours to $29.47 billion and its capitalization is now $134.61 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Mar 14
Currently up by 0.09%, Bitcoin is trading at a price of $3914.03 per token. The capitalization for the crypto is at $68.83 billion and trading volumes are $9.26 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Mar 14
Ether continues to go down, currently by 0.04%, to trade at $133.36 per token. Ethereum’s capitalization at the moment is $14.03 billion and trading volumes are at $4.11 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Mar 14
The cryptocurrency market continues to give mixed results at the moment. Stellar is the star of the show, with a 5.57% increase in its token price in the last 24 hours. Tron is next, with a 2.31% gain and Bitcoin Cash has a 1.94% increase. Among the cryptos in the top ten list that have seen losses in the last 24 hours, the highest losses are being experienced by Binance Coin, down by 2.79%.
- Bitcoin’s trading at $3914.03, up 0.09%. Right now, the asset’s worth is $68.83 billion.
- Ethereum’s trading at $133.36, down 0.04%. Right now, the asset’s worth is $14.03 billion.
- Ripple’s trading at $0.313088, up 0.98%. Right now, the asset’s worth is $12.97 billion.
- Litecoin’s trading at $56.19, down 1.18%. Right now, the asset’s worth is $3.42 billion.
- EOS’s trading at $3.60, down 1.36%. Right now, the asset’s worth is $3.26 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s trading at $131.51, up 1.94%. Right now, the asset’s worth is $2.32 billion.
- Binance Coin’s trading at $14.93, down 2.79%. Right now, the asset’s worth is $2.10 billion.
- Stellar’s trading at $0.0109641 up 5.57%. Right now, the asset’s worth is $2.10 billion.
- Tether’s trading at $1.01, up 0.49%. Right now, the asset’s worth is $2.02 billion.
- TRON’s trading at $0.022853, up 2.31%. Right now, the asset’s worth is $1.52 billion.