Coinbase Earn Available in 100+ Countries
The US-based major cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase issued a press release on May 17 that its Coinbase Earn program was now open to the public in more than 100 countries.
This program was first announced in 2018 and was launched as an invitation-only initiative. During the pilot period, users were allowed to earn cryptos by learning about 0x (ZRX), the ERC-20 token. The exchange at the time had stated that this initiative had been started because users were wary of investing in cryptocurrencies, but were eager to learn about them. The company said that the biggest barrier to people entering the crypto space was the lack of knowledge about it. The survey conducted by the company revealed that while people wanted to know more about cryptos, they didn’t know where to start.
Read the rest of the story here.
Facebook Registers Crypto Firm in Switzerland
According to mainstream media reports, the social media giant, Facebook registered a new company called Libra Networks on May 2 in Geneva, Switzerland. The registration of this new company coincides with the roll-out of the company’s internal crypto, which would be its first step into the blockchain industry.
According to the reports, the stockholder of the company is Facebook Global Holdings. This new company will reportedly provide technology as well as financial services, and also develop software and hardware. The information was gleaned from the plans the company had submitted to the register in Switzerland.
Read more about this topic here.
Sberbank: Clients Need to Provide Data on Crypto Revenue
The largest bank in Russia, Sberbank is reported to have requested its clients to provide data on their income related to cryptocurrencies. One of the bank’s clients, Vladimir Smerkis, the co-founder of crypto-trading platform Toxenbox.io, told the media that a client who was not named had been asked by the bank to give details about their revenues from cryptocurrencies.
The request was purportedly based on Federal Law No. 115, which focuses financing terrorism and money laundering. Sberbank specifically wanted information about wallet addresses, the type of mining equipment being used by the client, as well as information on hash rate indicators. Added to that, the bank also demanded documents of either ownership or lease of the mining equipment being used, and where they were located.
Read more about this story here.
Total Market Cap: May 18
At $233.66 billion, the capitalization of the cryptocurrency market has gone up in the last 24 hours. Trading volumes, however still are lower at $93.81 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: May 18
After yesterday’s nosedive, the price of BTC is currently up by 1.48% and is now trading at $7421.22. Capitalization for the crypto is $131.40 billion and volumes of trade are $27.13 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: May 18
ETH is up 0.47% to its current trading price of $242.81and is witnessing trading volumes of $14.04 billion. The altcoin’s market cap is $25.76 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: May 18
Most of the top ten cryptos are now trading up after yesterday’s massive drop. Ripple is the only token that is marginally in the red, with a price drop of just 0.04%.
- Bitcoin is trading at $7421.22, gaining 1.48%. Right now, the token’s market cap is $131.40 billion.
- Ethereum is trading at $242.81, gaining 0.47%. Right now, the token’s market cap is $25.76 billion.
- Ripple is trading at $0.384290, losing 0.04%. Right now, the token’s market cap is $16.19 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash is trading at $368.37, gaining 0.47%. Right now, the token’s market cap is $6.55 billion.
- Litecoin is trading at $88.94, gaining 0.30%. Right now, the token’s market cap is $5.49 billion.
- EOS is trading at $6.01, gaining 0.53%. Right now, the token’s market cap is $5.48 billion.
- Binance Coin is trading at $26.18, gaining 7.93%. Right now, the token’s market cap is $3.69 billion.
- Tether is trading at $1, gaining 0.31%. Right now, the token’s market cap is $2.84 billion.
- Stellar is trading at $0.130760, gaining 4.63%. Right now, the token’s market cap is $2.50 billion.
- Cardano is trading at $0.083348, gaining 4.49%. Right now, the token’s market cap is $2.16 billion.