Market Update 1.15.19 – New Malware Can Manipulate Webpages
New Malware Can Manipulate Webpages
According to the latest news report, a new malware disguised as a movie file from The Pirate Bay, a torrent website, is able to manipulate webpages as well as replace BTC (Bitcoin) and ETH (Ethereum) web addresses.
The malware was originally thought to be an ad-injector on Google’s main page. However, deeper investigation found that it could do much more. Besides being able to inject advertisements, this malware is capable of controlling search results so that certain links appear first and can also switch addresses on crypto wallets to the hacker’s address.
Read the rest of the story here.
US Govt. Shutdown Hurting Crypto Industry
Due to the deadlock in Washington which caused a partial shutdown of the government, the CFTC (Commodity Futures Trading Commission) and the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) have remained shut for the last few weeks. This is negatively impacting the cryptocurrency industry.
Key developments and projects, especially the launch of new crypto related products and services, have been put on hold due to a lack of approvals from the government agencies. One major launch has been delayed – the Bakkt Bitcoin futures market. This is because Bakkt’s parent company, ICE was unable to secure the required approvals before the government shutdown.
Read more about this story here.
Dedicated Team Focusing on ETC Projects Launched
Ethereum Classic Labs (ETC Labs) has created a new ETC development team called ETC Labs Core which will work on core projects, support the Blockchain and provide tools to help with the development of Dapps (decentralized applications).
According to the company’s blog announcement, this team will focus on assessing the ETH Constantinople hard fork due to occur around January 16. This review will be conduct before the team finalizes introduction of support for parts of the Blockchain’s upgrades. These activities are scheduled for the first quarter of 2019. For the rest of the year, the team will work on other issues.
Find out the details of this story here.
Total Market Cap: Jan 15
The cryptocurrency market’s capitalization improved in the last 24 hours, going up to $123.52 billion, with volumes of trade at $16.64 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Jan 15
Bitcoin has seen a 2.99% rally in its price in the last 24 hours and is currently trading at $3696.89 per token. Its market capitalization has risen to $64.63 billion and trading volumes are $5.52 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Jan 15
Ethereum’s price has jumped up by 8.35% today and its trading at $128.93 per token. Its capitalization is now $13.45 billion with trading volumes at $2.72 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Jan 15
All the top cryptocurrencies in the market are currently trading in the green. The biggest gains have been seen by Ethereum, which has gone up by a big 8.35% in the last 24 hours. The second highest gains are being witnessed by Litecoin, whose price is up 4.61%. The third biggest gains are for TRON, which has seen a 3.78% hike in its token price.
- Bitcoin’s price is $3696.89, going up 2.99%. The market valuation of the assets is $64.63 billion.
- Ripple’s price is $0.332448, going up 2.27%. The market valuation of the assets is $13.64 billion.
- Ethereum’s price is $128.93, going up 8.35%. The market valuation of the assets is $13.45 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price is $131.85, going up 3.63%. The market valuation of the assets is $2.31 billion.
- EOS’s price is $2.45, going up 5.48%. The market valuation of the assets is $2.21 billion.
- Stellar’s price is $0.108780, going up 2.31%. The market valuation of the assets is $2.08 billion.
- Tether’s price is $1.02, going up 0.23%. The market valuation of the assets is $1.99 billion.
- Litecoin’s price is $32.40, going up 4.61%. The market valuation of the assets is $1.94 billion.
- TRON’s price is $0.025351, going up 3.78%. The market valuation of the assets is $1.68 billion.
- Bitcoin SV’s price is $78.71, going up 1.42%. The market valuation of the assets is $1.38 billion.