Market Update 7.14.18 – Coinbase May List 5 New Cryptos
Coinbase May List 5 New Cryptos
Coinbase announced on Friday that it was considering adding Cardano, Basic Attention, Stellar, Zcash as well as 0x to its cryptocurrency trading platform. Despite the fact that Coinbase made it clear that it cannot guarantee that these crypto assets would be listed for trading, prices of each of the tokens skyrocketed as soon as the news broke.
Coinbase clarified that they only planned to launch assets that were compliant with local cryptocurrency regulations. Therefore, the exchange was going to look at various factors such as legal and compliance regulations related to a particular token before launching it for trading.
Read more here.
Crypto Exchange WEX Shows Strange Activity
The cryptocurrency exchange built from the ashes of BTC-e, WEX, has been receiving numerous user complaints following the observation of some strange activity on the platform. WEX had been launched in 2017 in an effort to resurrect BTC-e, which had been shut down by American and Greek regulators. Russian Alexander Vinnik was arrested for laundering billions of dollars’ worth of BTC through BTC-e, and the exchange itself was fined $110 million.
Users have been complaining that they have not been able to withdraw their funds for the second day in a row. Earlier in the week, it was noted that the price of BTC has soared to $9,000, while the rest of the world was still trading the cryptocurrency at a price range of $6,000.
Read the rest of the story here.
US DOJ Indicts 12 Russian Nationals
The United States Department of Justice has indicted 12 Russian nationals on grounds of having committed Federal crimes. These 12 Russian were charged with using cryptocurrencies to fund activities that interfered with the 2016 US Presidential Elections.
According to the DOJ, two groups from the Russian Main Intelligence Directorate (GRU) had used illegally mined BTC and other cryptocurrencies to fund efforts to hack into the Democratic Party’s computer systems, Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign as well as US elections-related technology companies as well as state boards. These officials allegedly used cryptos to buy accounts as well as servers that gave them illegal access used a spearphishing campaign.
Find out more about this story here.
Total Market Cap: July 14
Trading volume in the crypto market dropped a little again to $11.33 billion. Capitalization of the market has also dropped since yesterday to $248.40 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: July 14
Bitcoin inched up to a price of $6244.99, a 0.26% slip since yesterday. Trading volume is $3.67 billion and BTC’s market value is $107.08 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: July 14
Ethereum’s price dropped 0.43% to $435.15 per token. The digital coin’s current trading volume is $1.43 billion and its value is $43.77 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: July 14
7 of the top 10 cryptocurrencies fell in price again today. The biggest losers were EOS (3.21% drop), IOTA (2.43% drop) and XRP (1.27% drop). Tether continues to trade flat at a dollar and Stellar and Cardano saw jumps in their token prices. Stellar climbed 4.94% and Cardano climbed 5.44%.
- Bitcoin dropped by 0.26% to a price of $6244.99 and its capitalization is at $107.08 billion.
- Ethereum dropped by 0.43% to a price of $435.15 and its capitalization is at $43.77 billion.
- Ripple dropped by 1.27% to a price of $0.438648 and its capitalization is at $17.22 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash dropped by 0.40% to a price of $695.10 and its capitalization is at $11.98 billion.
- EOS dropped by 3.21% to a price of $6.93 and its capitalization is at $6.21 billion.
- Litecoin dropped by 0.84% to a price of $76.72 and its capitalization is at $4.40 billion.
- Stellar climbed by 4.94% to a price of $0.199474 and its capitalization is at $3.74 billion.
- Cardano climbed by 5.44% to a price of $0.136207 and its capitalization is at $3.53 billion.
- Tether traded flat at $1 and its capitalization is at $2.71 billion.
- IOTA dropped by 2.43% to a price of $0.961578 and its capitalization is at $2.67 billion.