Cryptocurrency Market Update – 2.15.18
Litecoin outperforms all Major Crypto Assets
Valentine’s Day was a good day for Litecoin. While mostly all major crypto assets did well in the market, Litecoin was by far the biggest gainer. The altcoin’s price shot up by more than 30%. To read more, click here.
Forbes’ Fintech 50 has 11 Blockchain & Crypto Companies
Forbes launched its 2018 edition of the “Fintech 50” on February 13. This is a list of the top financial technology companies and is the publication’s third list of such companies. There were also 11 companies listed that either use blockchain technology or are connected to the crypto industry. To find out more, click here.
Bitcoin Bull Run only weeks away says Pantera Capital
Pantera Capital claims that Bitcoin’s bull-run is just a few weeks away. According to the firm, historical data shows that Bitcoin’s down cycles can go to 60%-65% of its value and then the up cycle begins. To read the full story, click here.
Total Market Cap
The total cryptocurrency trading volume for the last 24 hours is $25.79 billion with a current market cap of $465.89 billion. The dominant cryptocurrency remains the Bitcoin with a 35.3% share.
Bitcoin Price Analysis
At the time of writing, the Bitcoin price is at $9,770.11, representing a gain of 9.52% in the last 24 hours. Total trading volume for the cryptocurrency is $8.53 billion. Bitcoin’s market cap at this time is $164.78 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis
Ethereum’s current price is at $929.45, which represents a gain of 6.48% in the last 24 hours. Trading volume for the altcoin has been at about $2.96 billion in that time period and its market cap is at $90.74 billion.
State of the Top 20 Cryptocurrencies
**All data given below is for the last 24 hours.
- Bitcoin is trading at $9,770.11, up 9.52%. BTC’s market cap is currently $164.78 billion.
- Ethereum is trading at $929.45, up 6.48%. ETH’s market cap is currently $90.74 billion.
- Ripple is trading at $1.13, up 6.60%. XRP’s market cap is currently $43.98 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash is trading at $1,347.57, up 5.84%. BCH’s market cap is currently $22.86 billion.
- Litecoin is trading at $226.70, up 24.54%. LTC’s market cap is currently $12.51 billion.
- Cardano is trading at $0.398, up 5.45%. ADA’s market cap is currently $10.33 billion.
- Stellar is trading at $0.45215, up 5.90%. XLM’s market cap is currently $8.33 billion.
- NEO is trading at $121.12, up 5.56%. NEO’s market cap is currently $7.87 billion.
- EOS is trading at $9.97, up 5.84%. EOS’s market cap is currently $6.68 billion.
- IOTA is trading at $2.04, up 8.51%. MIOTA’s market cap is currently $5.67 billion.
- Dash is trading at $672.55, up 6.18%, replacing NEM in 11th DASH’s market cap is currently $5.30 billion.
- NEM is trading at $0.558743, up 0.58%. XEM’s market cap is currently $5.02 billion.
- Monero is trading at $272.82, up 10.57%. XMR’s market cap is currently $4.28 billion.
- Lisk is trading at $30.42, up 11.63%, replacing Ethereum Classic in 14th LSK’s market cap is currently $3.59 billion.
- Ethereum Classic dropped one place and is trading at $33.49, down 7.31%. ETC’s market cap is currently $3.34 billion.
- TRON is trading at $0.046183, up 4.30%. TRX’s market cap is currently $3.03 billion.
- VeChain climbed 3 places to 17th and is trading at $5.21, up 20.88%. VEN’s market cap is currently $2.45 billion.
- Qtum is trading at $32.27, up 0.25%. QTUM’s market cap is currently $2.38 billion.
- Tether is still trading flat at $1.00. USDT’s market cap is currently $2.22 billion.
- Bitcoin Gold is trading at $129.67, up 1.47%. BTG’s market cap is currently $2.18 billion.