Cryptocurrency Market Update – 2.20.18
Latest Bitcoin Code to get Total SegWit Support
Bitcoin Core is ready to introduce new changes to the Bitcoin code, but the 0.16.0 release – the 16th big release since the cryptocurrency was created – is different from all the others. This time, SegWit is now getting developers to put together a more structures and focused release of the software, which will make it easier for users to transact through the software’s wallet. To find out more, click here.
Wyoming Introducing Bill to Make Cryptos Property Tax Exempt
A new tax bill has been introduced in the Wyoming senate, exempting digital currencies from state property taxes. The bill received 26 “aye” votes and only 3 “nays”, with 1 “excused”. The votes were both Republican as well as Democrat. To read more about the story, click here.
Republicans and Democrats Join Hands to Call for Crypto Regulations
In a rare show of unity, both Republicans as well as Democrats have called for stronger regulations for cryptocurrencies. The two parties have joined hands to consider forming new legislation for regulating cryptocurrencies. To read more, click here.
Total Market Cap
The total cryptocurrency trading volume for the last 24 hours is $22.99 billion with a current market cap of $508.30 billion. The dominant cryptocurrency remains the Bitcoin with a 38.3% share.
Bitcoin Price Analysis
At the time of writing, the Bitcoin price is at $11,550.40, representing a gain of 4.78% in the last 24 hours. Total trading volume for the cryptocurrency is $8.89 billion. Bitcoin’s market cap at this time is $194.92 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis
Ethereum’s current price is at $945.13, which represents a loss of 0.60% in the last 24 hours. Trading volume for the altcoin has been at about $2.32 billion in that time period and its market cap is at $92.36 billion.
State of the Top 20 Cryptocurrencies
**All data given below is for the last 24 hours.
- Bitcoin is trading at $11,550.40, up 4.78%. BTC’s market cap is currently $194.92 billion.
- Ethereum is trading at $945.13, down 0.60%. ETH’s market cap is currently $92.36 billion.
- Ripple is trading at $1.14, down 0.87%. XRP’s market cap is currently $44.60 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash is trading at $1,522.85, down 0.32%. BCH’s market cap is currently $25.85 billion.
- Litecoin is trading at $246.78, up 10.56%. LTC’s market cap is currently $13.64 billion.
- Cardano is trading at $0.392, up 0.32%. ADA’s market cap is currently $10.16 billion.
- NEO is trading at $137.65, up 0.79%. NEO’s market cap is currently $8.94 billion.
- Stellar is trading at $0.435492, down 4.77%. XLM’s market cap is currently $8.04 billion.
- EOS is trading at $9.77, up 0.72%. EOS’s market cap is currently $6.65 billion.
- Dash has moved up one place and is trading at $725.50, up 1.55%. DASH’s market cap is currently $5.72 billion.
- IOTA is trading at $2.05, down 3.30%. MIOTA’s market cap is currently $5.69 billion.
- Monero is trading at $315.85, up 1.05%. XMR’s market cap is currently $4.97 billion.
- NEM is trading at $0.511869, down 3.27%. XEM’s market cap is currently $4.60 billion.
- Ethereum Classic is trading at $42.22, up 12.02%. ETC’s market cap is currently $4.22 billion.
- VeChain has jumped two places and is trading at $7.06, up 19.46%. VEN’s market cap is currently $3.35 billion.
- TRON went up one place and is trading at $0.049858, down 4.61%. TRX’s market cap is currently $3.27 billion.
- Lisk is trading at $28.48, down 5.32%. LSK’s market cap is currently $2.90 billion.
- Qtum is trading at $32.30, down 0.52%. QTUM’s market cap is currently $2.38 billion.
- Bitcoin Gold is trading at $139.86, up 2.39%. BTG’s market cap is currently $2.35 billion.
Tether continues to trade flat at $1.00. USDT’s market cap is currently $2.21 bi