Walmart Using Blockchain to Perfect Smart Delivery System
Walmart has filed for a patent that will use blockchain tech to perfect a smart delivery system for the world’s largest retail company.
The US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) released the application filed by Walmart on Thursday. In it, the retail giant has described a smart package, which would also have a tracking device to record data to a blockchain with regard to the contents of the delivery package, the environmental conditions surrounding the packing, the location, etc.
Walmart also implied that this smart package could be used in drones. To read the full story, click here.
Blockchain to Partner with United Nations
Blockchain, a cryptocurrency wallet startup, will be partnering with the United Nations on sustainability goals. The aim of the partnership is to explore options for the application of blockchain tech in a range of sustainability initiatives, such as resource conservation right up to protecting democratic systems.
The UK-based company will be working with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) and also the World Economic Forum.
As a confirmation of this partnership, a new white paper has been created that gives details about the initiatives that will be take. Find out more here.
No Taxes on Crypto-as-Payment in Germany
Cointelegraph auf Deutsch reported that the German Federal Ministry of Finances has mandated that cryptocurrencies will be tax exempt if they are being used as a payment method.
The German authorities justified this decision by stating that all virtual currencies such as Bitcoin will be considered a legal method of payment as long as all parties involved in the transaction accept that that cryptocurrency will be used as a means of payment. However, this law is only applicable for cryptos being used sole for payment purposes. Find out more here.
Total Market Cap: Mar 02
In the last 24 hours, cryptocurrency volume on trading was $19.36 billion. The current market value of all digital assets is $462.66 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Mar 01
Bitcoin, as of this time, is being traded at $11,061.60, going up by 6.34%. Bitcoin’s trade volume is $8.06 billion for the last one day. Bitcoin’s market value is currently at $186.88 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Mar 02
Ethereum’s current price is $872.96, which is a gain of 1.82% in the last one day. Ethereum’s volume of trade for this time is $1.95 billion and its market valuation is $85.48 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Mar 02
**The information listed here spans the 24 hours of trading in the top ten cryptocurrencies.
- Bitcoin’s trading at a price of $11,061.60, up 6.34%%. BTC’s current market value is $186.88 billion.
- Ethereum’s trading at a price of $872.96, up 1.82%. ETH’s current market value is $85.48 billion.
- Ripple’s trading at a price of $0.91, up 1.11%. XRP’s current market value is $35.96 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s trading at a price of $1,274.84, up 5.54%. BCH’s current market value is $21.66 billion.
- Litecoin’s trading at a price of $208.03, up 2.21%. LTC’s current market value is $11.53 billion.
- NEO’s trading at a price of $126.64, down 1.56%. NEO’s current market value is $8.23 billion.
- Cardano’s trading at a price of $0.29, down 0.93%. ADA’s current market value is $7.70 billion.
- Stellar’s trading at a price of $0.32, up 0.61%. XLM’s current market value is $6.01 billion.
- EOS’s trading at a price of $8.46, up 0.95%. EOS’s current market value is $5.94 billion.
- IOTA’s trading at a price of $1.95, up 3.72%. MIOTA’s current market value is $5.43 billion.