GAW Miners CEO Sentenced to 21 Months in Prison
The Chief Executive Officer of the now dead crypto firm GAW Miners, Homero Joshua Garza is being sent to prison for 21 months on charges of defrauding investors. The verdict was passed by the Hartford federal court after he pleaded guilty to a charge of wire fraud done when creating as well as the selling the crypto called PayCoin. PayCoin was basically a scam coin.
The original sentence was for 20 years, however, that was cut down to 21 months starting January 4, 2019 till 2021. Additionally, he will also serve another 3 years of supervised release, which includes 6 months’ house arrest.
Read the details here.
SBI Rolling Out Ripple Based App on iOS & Android
The Japanese financial behemoth SBI Holdings is going to be launching a new app for iOS and Android users. This app will be a payments platform that will be powered by Ripple’s DLT (distributed ledger technology). The app, called MoneyTap, has been developed by SBI Ripple Asia, a joint venture between SBI Holdings and Ripple.
The Chief Executive Officer of SBI Ripple Asia, Takashi Okita announced this new product and revealed the website on Wednesday. While, the exact launch date of this app is not clear, MoneyTap’s website indicates that it could hit the markets sometime in autumn this year.
Find out more here.
IBM Joins Yellow Pages for Blockchain Projects
IBM announced that it had joined the Yellow Pages equivalent for Blockchain project. This is a registry initiative for decentralized cross-blockchains and is called Unbounded Registry. This initiative will be led by HACERA, a blockchain startup.
Unbounded Registry is being designed to provide a way to register, find join or even transact with a range of blockchain solutions. The Registry is also designed in such a way that allows DLTs to interoperate with each other. This project is expected to address some of the biggest issues in the industry, such as the reserved naming for Blockchain powered projects, cataloging domain-specific services as well as functions and the discoverability of networks and apps related to Blockchain.
Read the details here.
Total Market Cap: Sep 14
Trading volumes have gone up by $2.66 billion to $14.52 billion. The capitalization of the crypto market is $199.26 billion, rising $4.84 billion since yesterday.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Sep 14
Bitcoin’s current token price is $6495.77, up 1.30% since yesterday. Bitcoin’s market value is $111.78 billion and volumes are currently $4.38 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Sep 14
Ethereum’s current token price is $207.19, gaining another 9.88% in the last 24 hours. Ether’s token value is $21.17 billion with trade volumes of $2.53 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Sep 14
Since yesterday, the crypto market has seen a huge jump, with the price of Ethereum going up as much as 15% in trading. However, at this time, the gains have slowed, though the market still remains in the green. The only crypto who’s price has dropped is Stellar, which has lost 1.01% in the last 24 hour. Ethereum is the biggest gainer, still showing a 9.88% increase since yesterday.
- Bitcoin is at $6411.92, rising 1.79%. The digital asset’s capitalization is $110.75 billion.
- Ethereum is at $207.19%, rising 9.88%. The digital asset’s capitalization is $21.17 billion.
- Ripple is at $0.277396, rising 2.31%. The digital asset’s capitalization is $11.01 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash is at $451.36, rising 3.04%. The digital asset’s capitalization is $7.82 billion.
- EOS is at $5.22, rising 4.62%. The digital asset’s capitalization is $4.73 billion.
- Stellar is at $0.202725, dropping 1.01%. The digital asset’s capitalization is $3.80 billion.
- Litecoin is at $54.04, rising 2%. The digital asset’s capitalization is $3.14 billion.
- Tether is at $1, rising 0.17%. The digital asset’s capitalization is $2.76 billion.
- Monero is at $110.59, rising 1.19%. The digital asset’s capitalization is $1.81 billion.
- Cardano is at $0.067068, gaining 0.06%. The digital asset’s capitalization is $1.73 billion.