Market Update 11.02.18 – Innosilicon’s Mining Software Not Working For Sia
Innosilicon’s Mining Software Not Working For Sia
The distributed cloud storage blockchain network Sia has successfully completed a planned hard fork, changing its consensus rules in a way that prevents some specialized hardware from mining on the network. “All is working normally now,” David Vorick, co-founder and CEO of Nebulous, the for-profit company behind the Sia network.
The fork, planned for the previous day, was set to take place at block 179,000 in the Sia chain, but miners found themselves stuck at block 178,999 for hours because, as Vorick wrote in a community forum, an error in the code meant that miners “will need to mine at least one block at full difficulty before the adjustment kicks in. This may take anywhere from 6 to 48 hours.”
Read the full report here.
Bithumb, Series One Launching Security Token Exchange
South Korean crypto exchange Bithumb has teamed up with crowdfunding platform seriesOne to launch a compliant security token exchange in the U.S. The joint venture was revealed in a press release from seriesOne, which adds that the exchange launch is still subject to regulatory approvals from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
SeriesOne already offers an SEC-regulated platform that supports projects launching initial token offerings, as well as traditional equities and debt offerings.
“I believe that our companies will be able to create a unique product to not only tokenize major assets, but that could also create liquidity through a compliant token exchange,” said seriesOne CEO Michael Mildenberger.
Read the full report here.
Stablecoin Launches ‘Real-Time’ View Of Dollar Backing
Yet another stablecoin has just launched – this time from a blockchain startup founded with the explicit aim of taking on the controversial but dominant tether (USDT) token. Stably announced that its StableUSD (USDS) is now available for purchase and redemption. The token is backed by U.S. dollars held in escrow by Prime Trust, a regulated trust company in Nevada that has carved out a niche playing this supporting role in a number of stablecoin projects.
Perhaps most notably, Stably claimed that it would be transparent about its fiat holdings, saying:
“Stably recognizes that a fiat-backed stablecoin requires a high standard of public transparency for consumers and businesses to build trust … Users of Stably’s future platform will be able to view our fiat reserve’s balance in real-time via a live feed from Prime Trust’s API.”
Read full report here.
Total Market Cap: November 2
The volume of trade in the crypto market sat at $10.81 billion. The market’s capitalization, on the other hand, reached $205.81 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: November 2
In the past 24 hours, Bitcoin fell 1.10% to trade at $6,373.12. The leading cryptocurrency’s trade volume trickled to $3.88 billion, while its market slid to $110.61 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: November 2
Ethereum’s price fell 0.40% to trade at $199.01. As for the altcoin’s trading volume, it reached $1.38 billion; whereas its market capitalization hit $20.49 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: November 2
In the past 24 hours, some prices were up while others went down. Meanwhile, Monero continues to dethrone TRON at the 10th spot.
- Bitcoin’s market price fell 1.10% to $6,373.12, and its value in the market is $110.61 billion.
- Ethereum’s market price fell 0.40% to $199.01, and its value in the market is $20.49 billion.
- XRP’s market price jumped 1.45% to $0.457819, and its value in the market is $18.41 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s market price jumped 0.33% to $426.71, and its value in the market is $7.44 billion.
- EOS’ market price fell 1.67% to $5.30, and its value in the market is $4.80 billion.
- Stellar’s market price fell 1.44% to $0.225581, and its value in the market is $4.27 billion.
- Litecoin’s market price jumped 1.17% to $50.66, and its value in the market is $2.99 billion.
- Cardano market price jumped 1.02% to $0.071011, and its value in the market is $1.84 billion.
- Tether market price fell 2.38% to $0.986918, and its value in the market is $1.75 billion.
- Monero dethroned TRON at the 10th spot, but its market price fell 0.78% to $103.79. As for its value in the market, it is $1.72 billion.