Market Update 1.04.19 – Ireland Approves the EU AML Directive for Cryptos
Ireland Approves the EU AML Directive for Cryptos
The Irish Cabinet, the executive arm of the country’s government, has approved a bill that will put into effect the EU’s Fifth Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Directive.
This directive had come into force on July 9, 2018 in the EU, and it creates a new legal framework for financial watchdogs across the EU for the regulation of cryptocurrencies in terms of protection against money laundering and the financing of terrorist activities.
Find out more about this story here.
Bitcoin’s “Proof of Keys” Movement Debuts
Bitcoin’s Proof of Keys movement is was launched on January 03, on the 10th anniversary of BTC’s first ever block created. According to the leader of this movement as well the Bitcoin podcast host, Trace Mayer, announced this project through a video release.
According to Mayer, the movement’s motivation is simple – they were going to withdraw all their Bitcoins from third party services just to prove that they were there. Currently, many investors leave their BTC in exchanges, which is risky and does not allow users to have complete control over their own cryptos.
Read more here.
Lamassu Moves to Switzerland Due to Regulatory Issues
The maker of Bitcoin ATMs (Automated Teller Machines) Lamassu is moving its operations to Switzerland because of regulatory issues in other countries. The company is now called Lamassu Industries AG, and is based at Lucerne. The firm said that it made this move because it wanted to be in place where rules were “well defined” and where regulatory authorities were encouraging of innovation.
The company revealed that 15 different banks had rejected its applications to open an account simply because it made terminals for Bitcoin, but did not trade in or store digital assets. Stripe, the payments processor, also rejected Lamassu because it had the word “Bitcoin” on its website.
Read more of the details of the story here.
Total Market Cap: Jan 04
The cryptocurrency market’s capitalization has stayed almost the same in the last 24 hours at $132.26 billion, while trading volumes are currently at $14.69 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Jan 04
The price of Bitcoin has dropped by 0.76% in the last 24 hours to $3,863.75 and its capitalization is now $67.46 billion. The crypto currently is seeing trading volumes of $4.55 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Jan 04
Ethereum’s price continues to rise since yesterday, now up by 1.83% to trade at $156.43 per token. The altcoin’s valuation in the market is now $16.29 billion and is experiencing trading volumes of $2.89 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Jan 04
Ethereum, up by 1.83%, and TRON, up by 3.32%, are the only two of the top ten cryptos that are in the green in trading today so far. The other eight in the top ten list have seen a slight drop in their token prices in the last 24 hours. The biggest losses in trading so far today have been experienced by Bitcoin SV (down 2.84%), Bitcoin Cash (down 2.74%) and Stellar (down 1.96%).
- Bitcoin’s price is $3863.75, slipping 0.76%. The value of the digital asset is $67.46 billion.
- Ethereum’s price is $156.43, gaining 1.83%. The value of the digital asset is $16.29 billion.
- Ripple’s price is $0.363966, slipping 1.19%. The value of the digital asset is $14.84 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price is $164.50, slipping 2.74%. The value of the digital asset is $2.88 billion.
- EOS’s price is $2.77, slipping 1.72%. The value of the digital asset is $2.50 billion.
- Stellar’s price is $0.114481, slipping 1.96%. The value of the digital asset is $2.19 billion.
- Litecoin’s price is $32.90, slipping 0.42%. The value of the digital asset is $1.96 billion.
- Tether’s price is $1.02, slipping 0.07%. The value of the digital asset is $1.1.90 billion.
- Bitcoin SV’s price is $89.45, slipping 2.84%. The value of the digital asset is $1.56 billion.
- TRON’s price is $0.020573, gaining 3.32%. The value of the digital asset is $1.37 billion.