Market Update 9.29.18 – JD Finance Establishes Smart City Research Institute
JD Finance Establishes Smart City Research Institute
The e-commerce giant in China, JD.com’s subsidiary, JD Finance has established the Smart City Research Institute according to local news sources. This new institute is located at JD Finance’s headquarters in Nanjing.
JD.com (Jingdong Group) is a Chinese tech giant that focuses on the implementation of new technologies in e-commerce, finance as well as logistics. This new institute will focus on the construction of a smart city which will use AI, big data as well as Blockchain technology.
Read the details of the story here.
CFTC Charges 2 Individuals with Bitcoin Theft
The CFTC (Commodity Futures Trading Commission) has filed charges against two individuals – Morgan Hunt and Kim Hecroft – for attempting to steal Bitcoins. The charges levelled against them included fraudulent solicitation, impersonating a CFTC investigator and the forgery of official CFTC documents. Hunt and Hecroft used these tactics as part of an elaborate scheme to con Bitcoin investors into paying a “tax” on their investments.
According to the press release by the CFTC, the pair have already successfully conned at least two investors, of which at least one sent Bitcoin to them.
Read more about this story here.
FIW Says Blockchain Can Help Foreign Trade
The Austrian Research Center International Economics (FIW) conducted a new study, examining the effects of digitization – especially that of Blockchain technology – on the foreign trade. The report was developed by the Austrian Institute of Technology’s Bernhard Dachs, for the Austrian Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs.
According to Dachs, Blockchain tech could reduce uncertainty in transactions in exports by making them safer. Additionally, this technology could also reduce the cost of processing export guarantees substantially. However, the technology needs to be first widely accepted, especially in the financial sector, before the Austrian foreign trade industry can benefit from it.
Read more about this story here.
Total Market Cap: Sep 29
Trading volume in the crypto market has slipped by $1.08 billion to a current $15.86 billion. The market’s value is down by $7.31 billion since yesterday to its current $216.69 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Sep 29
Bitcoin’s price is now $6523.04, a 3.17% fall in its token price since yesterday. Bitcoin’s market value is $112.78 billion and the volume of trade in the crypto is $4.88 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Sep 29
Ethereum’s currently at $217.72, falling by 5.60% in the last one day. The asset’s capitalization is $22.26 billion and its trading volume is now $1.94 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Sep 29
After yesterday’s highs, the cryptocurrency market has once again slipped into the red, with all the top ten cryptocurrencies – with the exception of Tether – losing value. The biggest loss in trading so far has been for Bitcoin Cash, whose token price dropped by 7.34%, followed by Monero, which has lost 5.78% from its price and Litecoin, which has fallen by 5.69%.
- Bitcoin’s price is now at $6523.04, falling 3.17%. The valuation of the cryptocurrency is now $112.78 billion.
- Ethereum’s price is now at $217.72%, falling 5.60%. The valuation of the cryptocurrency is now $22.26 billion.
- Ripple’s price is now at $0.534527, falling 0.97%. The valuation of the cryptocurrency is now $21.31 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price is now at $528.97, falling 7.34%. The valuation of the cryptocurrency is now $9.01 billion.
- EOS’s price is now at $5.61, falling 3.88%. The valuation of the cryptocurrency is now $5.08 billion.
- Stellar’s price is now at $0.247416, falling 4.57%. The valuation of the cryptocurrency is now $4.64 billion.
- Litecoin’s price is now at $59.80, falling 5.69%. The valuation of the cryptocurrency is now $3.49 billion.
- Tether’s price is now at $1, gaining 0.07%. The valuation of the cryptocurrency is now $2.80 billion.
- Cardano’s price is now at $0.082511, falling 4.69%. The valuation of the cryptocurrency is now $2.13 billion.
- Monero’s price is now at $113.45, falling 5.78%. The valuation of the cryptocurrency is now $1.86 billion.