Market Update 2.15.19 – Judge Delays Decision on Legal Representation for QuadrigaCX Customers

| Publish date: 02/15/2019
Share

Market News

Judge Delays Decision on Legal Representation for QuadrigaCX Customers

Local media sources stated that a Canadian Justice Michael Wood had delayed the decision for QuadrigaCX’s customers getting legal representation. On February 14, the Canadian Supreme Court in Nova Scotia assembled more than a dozen lawyers representing the 115,000 customers who traded on QuadrigaCX’s crypto exchange.

These traders are owed C$260 million (~$195 million) by the exchange and are looking at getting back C$70 million (~52 million) in fiat currency and another C$190 million (~$142 million) worth of cryptocurrencies. Justice Wood stated that he would issue a decision in writing within the next week.

Read more about this story here.

Embed from Getty Images

Users Can Buy Pizza Using Lightening App

Users can now use the Lightening Network to order pizzas. Fold, the crypto-payments company, launching an internet-based Domino’s Pizza portal on Wednesday, through which it buys pizzas using fiat currency on behalf of its users. So far, more than 150 users have used this new platform to buy Domino’s pizzas.

Changelly - Exchange cryptocurrency at the best rate

According to the product lead of Fold Will Reeves, the aim is to make Bitcoin fun again. There is also a more serious aim, which is to demonstrate that the Lightening Network is ready for the mainstream. Fold’s app will integrate Lightening for all of its shopping offerings over the next 6 months.

Read more about this story here.

Luxembourg Passes Blockchain Bill into Law

Luxembourg has passed a new bill into law, which enables Blockchain technology to be used in the financial services industry in the country. The official announcement was published by the Luxembourg Chamber of Deputies, the country’s parliament, on February 14.

With this new law in effect, all Blockchain based transactions will now be granted the same legal status as well as protection that is given to traditional financial transactions. Of the 60 members of the Chamber of Deputies, there were only 2 parliamentarians belonging to the left-wing party dei Lenk who vetoed the bill.

Read more about this article here.

Embed from Getty Images

Total Market Cap: Feb 15

The capitalization of the cryptocurrency market has fallen further in the last 24 hours, and is now at $120.65 billion. Volumes of trade are also lower than yesterday at $19.28 billion.

Bitcoin Price Analysis: Feb 15

Bitcoin is inching downwards, currently having lost 0.11% to trade at $3629.48. Capitalization is at $63.65 billion for the cryptocurrency and volumes of trade are at $6.08 billion.

Ethereum Price Analysis: Feb 15

Ethereum’s price is now at $122.12, a 1.34% drop since yesterday. The crypto’s worth is at $12.80 billion and trade volumes are at $3.18 billion.

State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Feb 15

Since yesterday, the most valuable cryptocurrencies have been swinging between marginal gains and losses. Currently, 60% of the top ten digital assets are in the red, and the other 40% are in the green. The biggest gainer is Binance Coin, with a 2.85% increase in its token price. The biggest loser at this time is EOS, with a 2.59 fall in its token price.

  • Bitcoin’s token price is $3629.48, slipping 0.11%. The market value of the virtual asset is now $63.65 billion.
  • Ethereum’s token price is $122.12, slipping 1.34%. The market value of the virtual asset is now $12.80 billion.
  • Ripple’s token price is $0.302255, slipping 0.48%. The market value of the virtual asset is now $12.45 billion.
  • Litecoin’s token price is $42.17, gaining 0.60%. The market value of the virtual asset is now $2.55 billion.
  • EOS’s token price is $2.79, slipping 2.59%. The market value of the virtual asset is now $2.52 billion.
  • Bitcoin Cash’s token price is $122.45, slipping 1.06%. The market value of the virtual asset is now $2.15 billion.
  • Tether’s token price is $1.01, gaining 0.24%. The market value of the virtual asset is now $2.03 billion.
  • TRON’s token price is $0.024106, slipping 0.44%. The market value of the virtual asset is now $1.60 billion.
  • Stellar’s token price is $0.077814, gaining 0.97%. The market value of the virtual asset is now $1.49 billion.
  • Binance Coin’s token price is $9.19, gaining 2.85%. The market value of the virtual asset is now $1.29 billion.
Share

Related Posts

Market Update 1.30.19 – AMD Releases Q4...
Market News AMD Releases Q4 Results Advanced Micro Devices…
Market Update 1.24.19 – Citigroup and Nasdaq...
Market News Citigroup and Nasdaq Investing in Symbiont.io Inc.…
Market Update 8.26.18 – World Bank’s Blockchain...
Market News World Bank’s Blockchain Bond Experiment Gets $81…