Market Update 4.19.18 – DJ Group Partners With Brave Software
Dow Jones Group Partners With Brave Software to Test New Token
The Dow Jones Media Group has joined hands with Brave Software to test the new Brave platform and its cryptocurrency token BAT (Basic Attention Token). The two companies announced that they would be experimenting with blockchain technology in the digital advertising as well as media publication space.
The Brave’s digital advertising platform and its cryptocurrency BAT will be tested across Dow Jones’ media brands like Barron’s, The Wall Street Journal and MarketWatch.
To read the full story, click here.
Huawei Introduces Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform
Huawei, the Chinese telecom giant, introduced its latest Hyperledger based Blockchain product at a conference in Shenzhen this week. The new project, simply called “Blockchain Service” as a Blockchain-as-a-Service product.
Huawei’s Blockchain Service is designed to be a high-performance, high-security and high-availability Blockchain based technology platform service targeted at organizations as well as developers.
This new tool’s introduction comes just one month after the company unveiled its joint Huawei-Hyperledger project called Caliper.
Read the complete story here.
Kraken CEO Pushes Back on NY Attorney General’s Inquiry
The cryptocurrency exchange Kraken has refused to answer the inquiry sent by New York’s Attorney General Eric Schneiderman. Kraken, one of the largest Bitcoin exchanges, was one of 13 exchanges to receive a letter from the Attorney General as a part of his new inquiry about crypto exchanges.
While most of the other exchanges contacted were happy to fill in the questionnaire, Kraken refused to do so. The CEO of the crypto exchange, Jesse Powell, criticized the move, stating that the Attorney General should target those exchanges that actually operate in New York. Powell moved Kraken out of New York in 2015 when the new BitLicense law was passed in New York.
Click here to read the rest of the story.
Total Market Cap: Apr 19
In the last one day, the cryptocurrency market’s trading volume has increased further to $20.26 billion and its value has gone up to $347.84 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Apr 19
Bitcoin stopped its two-day downward slide by gaining 3.15% to trade at $8195.33. The number one digital currency’s trading volume also increased to $6.96 billion and its market value went up to $139.21 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Apr 19
Ethereum’s price show a steady rise in the last one day to a current gain of 5.24% and a price of $534.30. Ether’s volume of trading is now $1.92 billion. The crypto’s market value also increased to $52.82 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Apr 19
In the last one day, the top ten cryptocurrencies have all increased in value. EOS saw fluctuations in its token price but in an upward direction. All the other nine showed steady gains in the last 24 hours. The star of the show was Stellar, with a 21.49% gain since yesterday.
- Bitcoin’s price went up 3.15% to $8195.33. Market value for BTC now stands at $139.21 billion.
- Ethereum’s price went up 5.24% to $534.30. Market value for ETH now stands at $52.82 billion.
- Ripple’s price went up 10% to $0.731444. Market value for XPR now stands at $28.61 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price went up 15.19% to $888.33. Market value for BCH now stands at $15.17 billion.
- Litecoin’s price went up 3.28% to $141.44. Market value for LTC now stands at $7.94 billion.
- EOS’s price went up 6.41% to $9.12. Market value for EOS now stands at $7.32 billion.
- Cardano’s price went up 10.20% to $0.271904. Market value for ADA now stands at $7.04 billion.
- Stellar’s price went up 21.49% to $0.374561. Market value for XLM now stands at $6.95 billion.
- NEO’s price went up 11.64% to $74.48 and it regained its spot in ninth place. Market value for NEO now stands at $4.84 billion.
- IOTA’s price went up 6.96% to $1.69. Market value for MIOTA now stands at $4.68 billion.