Market Update 4.30.18 – Poloniex Refuses to Accept MoneroV
Poloniex Refuses to Accept MoneroV
MoneroV is the new cryptocurrency that will emerge from the hard fork that Monero will go through once its block height reaches 1,564,965. And this is scheduled to happen today, April 30, 2018 – if all goes according to plan that is.
However, Poloniex, the cryptocurrency exchange, has announced that it will not support the new crypto MoneroV. The exchange also announced that it was going to halt all trading in Monero for a few hours while the fork takes place.
Read the rest of the story here.
Verified Twitter Account Hijacked to Steal Crypto
Pavel Durov, the CEO of popular messaging app Telegram and its ICO TON, tweeting a warning to his followers on Saturday that Telegram was experiencing downtime because of the overheating of server clusters.
Scammers took advantage of this tweet and hijacked a verified Twitter account. The account belongs to a Swedish band called Club 8. The hacker altered the account to make it look like Durov’s official account and sent out tweets in his name. Then, the scammers began sending out messages to Telegram followers, offering Ether and Bitcoins as a reward for their patience.
Read the full report here.
Dubai Police Employ AI to Catch Thieves
According to news reports, a gang stole 7 million AED ($1.9 million) worth of Bitcoin in an armed robbery in the Al Muraqqabat area in Dubai. The victims were two brothers, looking to buy Bitcoin. The gang lured them to Al Muraqqabat on the pretext that they were selling the cryptocurrency, where they then proceeded to rob and assault the two brothers.
The police nabbed the gang within 48 hours of the robbery and recovered the stolen funds. According to the Assistant Commander-in-Chief for Criminal Investigation Affairs, Maj Gen Khalil Ebrahim Al Mansouri, the reason they were able to catch the criminals so quickly was that the data analytics centre had implemented smart programs as well as AI technology to locate the members of the gang.
Read the full story here.
Total Market Cap: Apr 30
The volume of trade in the crypto market slipped a notch to $29.4 billion. The market’s capitalization also dropped slightly to $430.89 billion in the last one day.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Apr 30
The number one digital currency’s price slipped slightly by 1.79% to $9283.93 in the past 24 hours. Bitcoin’s trade volume also dripped to $8.08 billion and its market slid to $158.16 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Apr 30
Ethereum’s price also dipped by 0.59% to trade at $688.56. The altcoin’s trading volume too went down to $2.66 billion and its market capitalization slipped a notch to $68.24 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Apr 30
While the price is back to rising, as compared to yesterday, prices of most of the top ten cryptocurrencies have fallen slightly. NEO re-entered the top 10 list, ousting IOTA in the process, and TRON continues its upward climb.
- Bitcoin’s market price fell 1.79% to $9283.93, and its value in the market is $158.16 billion.
- Ethereum’s market price fell 0.59% to $688.56, and its value in the market is $68.24 billion.
- Ripple’s market price fell 4.4% to $0.853771 and its value in the market is $33.42 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s market price fell 3.74% to $1401.21 and its value in the market is $23.96 billion.
- EOS’s market price fell 11.43% to $19.13 and its value in the market is $15.78 billion.
- Cardano’s market price fell 6.65% to $0.358249, and its value in the market is $9.28 billion.
- Litecoin’s market price fell 2.19% to $151.29 and its value in the market is $8.52 billion.
- Stellar’s market price fell 2.96% to $0.439153 and its value in the market is $8.15 billion.
- TRON’s market price jumped 6.83% to $0.093445 and its value in the market is $6.14 billion.
- NEO re-entered the top 10 list, ousting IOTA. Its market price climbed 9.28% to $88.16 and its value in the market is $5.71 billion.