Market Update 7.30.18 – Mt. Sinai Hospital Exploring Blockchain Applications
Mt. Sinai Hospital Exploring Blockchain Applications
Mount Sinai’s New York medical school, Icahn School of Medicine announced that it had launched a new research center called the Center for Biomedical Blockchain Research which would focus on how Blockchain technology can be applied to the healthcare space.
This research center will work under the school’s Institute for Next Generation Healthcare which focuses on research on AI, robotics, sensors and wearable devices as well as genome sequencing in medicine. This new research center will focus on how Blockchain can be used for medicine and also create its own prototype networks.
Find out more here.
CLS in Final Stage of Testing Blockchain Payments Service
The foreign exchange settlement major CLS is reported to be in the final stages of testing a new Blockchain payments service which is targeted at banks. This new service is expected to be launched later this year and at least 7 banks are expected to sign up for these new services.
CLS has been working with IBM to develop a new Blockchain based payment netting system. This new system is to be integrated into the IT systems of banks and will help push up the level of standardization in the FOREX markets while also lowering costs of the settlement process.
Read the whole story here.
Blockchain May Solve China’s Pharma Problems
A new vaccine scandal has set off a massive social media debate about how Blockchain technology could help preventing such scams. Recently, Jilin based pharma company, ChangChun Changsheng Bio-Technology, was accused of having sold around 252,600 units of spurious DPT vaccine. This accusation came immediately after this company was accused of having forged data regarding 113,000 rabies vaccines that were also sub-par.
This is not the first pharma company in China to be accused of cutting corners in the last one year alone. Which is why this issue has become a key one on social media, with the Blockchain community coming up with solutions on how Blockchain technology could create much greater accountability in the country.
Read the details of the story here.
Total Market Cap: July 30
The cryptocurrency market has slipped again over the weekend, with trading volume dropping to $13.45 billion. Market capitalization also slipped marginally to $295.68 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: July 30
While BTC stayed above the $8k mark, the crypto is currently down 0.22% to trade at $8179.18 per token. Trading volume slipped to $4.22 billion and its market cap is $140.54 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: July 30
Ethereum dropped 0.32% to trade at $464.09 per token. Trading volume in Ether also dropped to $1.70 billion and its market cap is now $46.83 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: July 30
The cryptocurrency market slipped slightly in the last 24 hours, with the top ten cryptocurrencies shows marginal gains or losses. The biggest hits were taken by Stellar, which dropped by 3.44%, followed by IOTA, which lost 2.37%, and Cardano, which slipped by 1.14% in token prices.
- Bitcoin slipped 0.22% to a trading price of $8179.18. The token’s market valuation is $140.54 billion.
- Ethereum slipped 0.32% to a trading price of $464.09. The token’s market valuation is $46.83 billion.
- Ripple gained 0.14% to a trading price of $0.452813. The token’s market valuation is $17.80 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash gained 0.02% to a trading price of $821.79. The token’s market valuation is $14.18 billion.
- EOS slipped 0.93% to a trading price of $8.20. The token’s market valuation is $7.35 billion.
- Stellar slipped 3.44% to a trading price of $0.302692. The token’s market valuation is $5.68 billion.
- Litecoin gained 0.08% to a trading price of $84.12. The token’s market valuation is $4.84 billion.
- Cardano slipped 1.14% to a trading price of $0.160711. The token’s market valuation is $4.16 billion.
- IOTA slipped 2.37% to a trading price of $0.998582. The token’s market valuation is $2.77 billion.
- Tether slipped 0.18% to a trading price of $0.997119. The token’s market valuation is $2.49 billion.