Market Update 3.22.19 – Numerai Raises $11 Million in ICO
Numerai Raises $11 Million in ICO
US-based hedge fund and market prediction startup Numerai (NMR) has managed to raise $11 million via an ICO (initial coin offering). This ICO, according to the company’s tweet on March 21, is for the launch of its project, which is called Erasure.
According to the founder of Numerai Richard Craib, the funds that have been raised through this ICO will be used mostly for onboarding employees for Erasure, which will be the Numerai marketplace’s decentralized division. The development of the Erasure project was announced in October last year, and is scheduled to go live later in 2019.
Read more about this story here.
Kobayashi Processes Millions Worth of Mt. Gox Creditor Claims
Creditors of the long-collapsed cryptocurrency exchange Mt. Gox will now see their accounts settled in either cryptocurrency or cash. The Trustee of the exchange’s rehabilitation, Nobuaki Kobayashi announced on Tuesday that he had approved or declined Mt. Gox’s creditors’ claims. He also stated that he had notified Tokyo District Court of this action.
Kobayashi stated that in the next few days, he would declare the results of the claims and that creditors would be notified of his decision. Those who filed for their claims online using Mt. Gox’s claims filing systems would be able to log in and check the status of their claims.
Read the rest of the story here.
Vinnik Appeals for Extradition to Russia
Alexander Vinnik, the former operator of the now defunct cryptocurrency exchange BTC-e, has appealed to a Greek court to be extradited to Russia. Vinnik was accused of fraud as well as laundering as much as $4 billion worth of Bitcoin (BTC) over a period of 6 years and is now appealing for extradition on humanitarian grounds.
Before this appeal, Tatyana Moskalkova, Russia’s Human Rights Commissioner, had requested both Michelle Bachelet, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, and Michalis Kalogirou, the Greek Justice Minister, to help in the extradition of Vinnik due to his failing health.
Read more about the story here.
Total Market Cap: Mar 22
The market cap of the global cryptocurrency market in the last one day has slipped and is now at $139.09 billion. Trading volumes are currently at $34.54 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Mar 22
Bitcoin has fallen 1.41% in the last one day and is now trading at a price of $4025.80. Its capitalization now is $70.86 billion and trading volumes in the crypto are at $10.50 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Mar 22
Ethereum has fallen 2.51% in the last 24 hours and is now trading at $136.94. Its market cap is $14.42 billion with trading volumes of $5.03 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Mar 22
The majority of cryptocurrencies in the top 100 list are trading down, and all of the 10 most valuable cryptos by market capitalization are in the red. The highest losses are for Stellar, which has lost 4.35% of its token price in the last 24 hours. Bitcoin Cash has lost 3.96% of its token price and Binance Coin has lost 3.88% in the same time period.
- Bitcoin’s trading at $4025.80, losing 1.41%. The token’s valuation at this point in time is $70.86 billion.
- Ethereum’s trading at $136.94, losing 2.51%. The token’s valuation at this point in time is $14.42 billion.
- Ripple’s trading at $0.311306, losing 2.14%. The token’s valuation at this point in time is $12.97 billion.
- Litecoin’s trading at $59.07, losing 2.49%. The token’s valuation at this point in time is $3.60 billion.
- EOS’s trading at $3.63, losing 3.03%. The token’s valuation at this point in time is $3.29 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s trading at $154.18, losing 3.96%. The token’s valuation at this point in time is $2.72 billion.
- Binance Coin’s trading at $14.69, losing 3.88%. The token’s valuation at this point in time is $2.07 billion.
- Stellar’s trading at $0.0106829, losing 4.35%. The token’s valuation at this point in time is $2.05 billion.
- Tether’s trading at $1.01, losing 0.11%. The token’s valuation at this point in time is $2.03 billion.
- TRON’s trading at $0.022449, losing 2.23%. The token’s valuation at this point in time is $1.49 billion.