Market Update 4.23.19 – Coinbase Filed to Close PAC
Coinbase Filed to Close PAC
The major US-based crypto exchange Coinbase has filed an application to close its PAC (Political Action Committee). According to a filing the company made with the FEC (Federal Electoral Commission), the exchange’s PAC neither received any funds, nor made any disbursements, which is why it was closing it. The FEC is the regulator that is in charge of maintaining and enforcing election laws.
According to the FEC’s regulations, a termination report needed to be filed by a PAC so that operations can be closed down – if it no longer plans to either receive or give out donations. PACs in the US are independent organizations that frequently represent different business, labor or policy interests.
Read the rest of the story here.
Shopping on Amazon Using BTC Enabled Via Lightening
Moon, the cryptocurrency payments processing startup announced on April 22 that all Lightening-enable wallets could now be used through its browser extension. Thanks to this facility, Bitcoin users will be able to spend their tokens by using the Lightening network to purchase goods from e-commerce platforms such as Amazon.
Before the Lightening feature had been put in place, Moon had already run a beta test for about 250 users to spend their cryptos on e-commerce websites by connecting the company’s browser extension to crypto exchanges such as Coinbase. The CEO of Moon Ken Kruger stated that the extension would give users a pop-up which would have a QR code on it.
Read the rest of the story here.
Artory Raised More Than $7 Million in Series A Funding Round
Artory, the Blockchain-powered art registry has purportedly raised $7.3 million in its Series A funding round. An early investor Spotify investor, 2020 Ventures, was among the list of investors in this funding round. Other investors included Postmates, an American logistics company, and The RealReal, a luxury good resale platform. The event was announced on April 22 in the art-focused publication Art Newspaper.
Artory is a distributed ledger that allows users to trace the origin of the artwork as well as its title data. It can also record the sales of works of art. The founder of the project, Nanne Dekking stated that the funds raised would be used to improve the company’s platform.
Read more about this story here.
Total Market Cap: Apr 23
The current valuation of the cryptocurrency market is $184.57 billion. The market is experiencing volumes of trade of $50.89 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Apr 23
Bitcoin has jumped 4.89% in the last one day and is now trading at $5558.27. Capitalization of the world’s No.1 cryptocurrency stands at $98.16 billion. The asset is seeing trading volumes of $16.32 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Apr 23
Ethereum’s price has gone up by 3.08% and is trading at $175.32. Its capitalization has now reached $18.54 billion. Trading volumes currently are at $6.86 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Apr 23
Since yesterday, the digital currency market has seen gains. The top ten assets by market value are mostly in the green, with only Binance Coin showing a slight 0.76% slip in its token price. The biggest jumps have been experienced by Cardano, whose price has risen by 9.16%, Bitcoin Cash, up by 5.31% and Bitcoin, whose price has jumped 4.89%.
- Bitcoin’s trading at $5558.27, gaining 4.89%. The digital asset’s current capitalization is $98.16 billion.
- Ethereum’s trading at $175.32, gaining 3.08%. The digital asset’s current capitalization is $18.54 billion.
- Ripple’s trading at $0.326840, gaining 0.24%. The digital asset’s current capitalization is $13.72 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s trading at $304.17, gaining 5.31%. The digital asset’s current capitalization is $5.39 billion.
- EOS’s trading at $5.34, gaining 2.88%. The digital asset’s current capitalization is $5.03 billion.
- Litecoin’s trading at $78.63, gaining 3.27%. The digital asset’s current capitalization is $4.83 billion.
- Binance Coin’s trading at $23.87, losing 0.76%. The digital asset’s current capitalization is $3.37 billion.
- Tether’s trading at $1.01, gaining 0.12%. The digital asset’s current capitalization is $2.63 billion.
- Stellar’s trading at $0.114333, gaining 1.71%. The digital asset’s current capitalization is $2.21 billion.
- Cardano’s trading at $0.080044, gaining 9.16%. The digital asset’s current capitalization is $2.07 billion.