Market Update 4.19.19 – USDT Launched on Tron’s Blockchain
USDT Launched on Tron’s Blockchain
In a blog post published on April 17, Tether announced that it has launched its stablecoin USDT on Tron’s Blockchain. Tether stated that this development meant that the stablecoin had upgraded from its previous OMNI based protocol, which was anchored to the US dollar on a 1:1 ratio.
The move to the TRX Blockchain means that users can hold as well as transfer their USDTs using the smart contracts on Tron’s network to ensure instant transmissions. The announcement explained that this move enabled the interoperability with TRX’s protocols as well as Dapps (decentralized applications), thereby allowing users to trade in fiat-anchored cryptos across the network.
Read more about this story here.
National University of Colombia Joins Bloxberg
The co-director of research group inTIColombia, Mauricio Tovar Gutierrez stated in an interview that the National University of Colombia was joining Bloxberg, the global Blockchain based consortium for science.
Bloxberg was formed by 12 research organizations across 10 countries, and is currently led by the Max Planck Society. The Colombian university is the only Latin American organization to join this consortium. The aim of this consortium is to create an infrastructure that will make it the first global Blockchain network that will be maintained by scientists. Gutierrez stated that this project is still only in its pilot phase.
Read more about this article here.
tZero Token Market Misses $100 Million Raise Target
The CEO of Overstock Patrick Byrne, in a letter to the company’s stockholders, stated that the $100 million investment injection target for its tZero security token that had been led by GSK Capital and Makara Capital that had started in February and was targeted to be completed by the middle of April had not been closed.
Byrne stated that while Makara had proved to be serious as well as professional fund, the parties had not been able to put a deal in place by the targeted date. He also said that tZero was not under an exclusive contract with either Makara or with GSR and had therefore retained advisors to help the company look at other investment alternatives.
Read the rest of the story here.
Total Market Cap: Apr 19
The capitalization of the crypto market is now $178.88 billion. The volumes of trade the market is experiencing at this point are $44.04 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Apr 19
Bitcoin is currently trading at $5264.72, down 0.37% in the last 24 hours. Its trading volumes are at $12.98 billion and the crypto’s capitalization is $92.94 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Apr 19
ETH is up 0.55% to its current price of $172.71. Capitalization for the digital asset stands at $18.25 billion and its trading volumes are $6.58 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Apr 19
At this time, the performance of the top ten cryptocurrencies is a mixed bag. Binance Coin (BNB) is leading gains with a 4.60% increase in its token price. The other two cryptos that are showing gains right now are Ethereum (ETH), up by 0.55% and Litecoin (LTC), which is once again the number 5 most valuable crypto in the world with a 0.49% gain. Of the cryptocurrencies that are trading down, Cardano is showing the biggest losses with a 4.72% drop in its price.
- Bitcoin’s trading at $5264.72, down 0.37%. The market worth at the moment is $92.94 billion.
- Ethereum’s trading at $172.71, up 0.55%. The market worth at the moment is $18.25 billion.
- Ripple’s trading at $0.331320, down 2.60%. The market worth at the moment is $13.90 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s trading at $298.83, down 3.60%. The market worth at the moment is $5.30 billion.
- Litecoin’s trading at $81.42, up 0.49%. The market worth at the moment is $4.99 billion.
- EOS’s trading at $5.46, down 0.82%. The market worth at the moment is $4.95 billion.
- Binance Coin’s trading at $21.61, up 4.60%. The market worth at the moment is $3.05 billion.
- Tether’s trading at $1.00, down 0.14%. The market worth at the moment is $2.55 billion.
- Stellar’s trading at $0.116336, down 1.45%. The market worth at the moment is $2.24 billion.
- Cardano’s trading at $0.097327, down 4.72%. The market worth at the moment is $2.05 billion.