Market Update 3.19.19 – Wright Filed 114 Blockchain Patents since 2017
Wright Filed 114 Blockchain Patents since 2017
According to research done by the technology news website TNW (The Next Web), the Australian computer scientist Chris Wright reportedly applied for Blockchain related patents 114 times since 2017.
Wright, who has claimed to be the famous and mysterious Satoshi Nakamoto, filed 155 patent applications with the WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization) since August of 2017. Of those 155, 114 had the term Blockchain in them, with 6 mentioning the term cryptocurrency too. There was no reference to the term Bitcoin in any of those patents.
Read more about the story here.
Bithumb Reducing Staff by as Much as 50%
South Korea’s largest cryptocurrency exchange Bithumb is planning to reduce its staff by as much as 50%, which would cut down its headcount from 310 at the beginning of March to just 150 employees. The news was released by the local media, however when contacted, Bithumb also confirmed this information. However, the company also stated that most of the employees that were leaving were those who already wanted to leave them.
This move by Bithumb is similar to those made by other cryptocurrency exchanges across the world. Thanks to the continuing decline in the crypto market, most exchanges have had to take cost cutting measures and even re-structure their operations to survive.
Read more about the story here.
New Regulations for Crypto Margin Trading in Japan
According to local news reports, the Japanese financial regulators have introduced new rules for cryptocurrency margin trading. The reports stated that the Cabinet of Japan has approved draft amendments to laws related to the country’s financial instruments and payment services. The amendments to these laws now limit leverage on crypto margin trading to 2 to 4 times the original deposit.
These new laws will come in to effect in April 2020, after which crypto exchange operators would be required to register themselves with the FSA (Financial Services Agency) within 18 months from that date. This would allow the regulator to introduce measures against unregistered crypto exchange operators.
Read more about this story here.
Total Market Cap: Mar 19
The cryptocurrency market now has a capitalization of $139.58 billion and trading volumes are at $28.90 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Mar 19
The price of Bitcoin is up 0.30% to $4,031.27 and it is trading at volumes of $8.79 billion. Capitalization of the crypto is now at $70.93 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Mar 19
The price of the number 2 cryptocurrency is at $139.28, a 0.14% slide in the last 24 hours. The volume of trade being experienced by Ethereum at this time is $4.15 billion and the capitalization of the crypto is at $14.66 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Mar 19
Stellar has gained 4.42% in its token price, making it the biggest gainer in the cryptocurrency market in the last one day. Of the other top ten cryptos, Binance Coin is also up by 0.67%, and Bitcoin has gained 0.30% in the same time period.
- Bitcoin’s trading at $4031.27, rising 0.30%. Right now, the market worth of the virtual asset is $70.93 billion.
- Ethereum’s trading at $139.28, falling 0.14%. Right now, the market worth of the virtual asset is $14.66 billion.
- Ripple’s trading at $0.316401, falling 0.15%. Right now, the market worth of the virtual asset is $13.10 billion.
- Litecoin’s trading at $60.09, falling 0.49%. Right now, the market worth of the virtual asset is $3.66 billion.
- EOS’s trading at $3.74, falling 0.36%. Right now, the market worth of the virtual asset is $3.39 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s trading at $159.78, falling 0.67%. Right now, the market worth of the virtual asset is $2.82 billion.
- Binance Coin’s trading at $15.84, rising 0.62%. Right now, the market worth of the virtual asset is $2.23 billion.
- Stellar’s trading at $0.0114292, rising 4.42%. Right now, the market worth of the virtual asset is $2.19 billion.
- Tether’s trading at $1.01, rising 0.16%. Right now, the market worth of the virtual asset is $2.02 billion.
- TRON’s trading at $0.022803, falling 1.57%. Right now, the market worth of the virtual asset is $1.52 billion.